Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Hill Climb AND Pikes Peak in a Banger A (vid)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jer11ren, Sep 22, 2014.

1. jer11ren

jer11ren

Just had to share this on its own thread. The first vid is footage of the Georgetown Hill Climb. We had a small group drive their rods up from PHX and running the reliability run (in the snow!) and Troy running that as well as the hill climb. I can't say enough about what a great event this is. Troy(4BangerTroy on the HAMB) ran the hill in his 30 banger coupe that was actually his grandfathers car and he's owned it now for 38 years. He's running the #59 that his grandfather ran on his Hudson Super Six that ran at Legion Ascot Speedway in the 30's. I thought that was really cool!

After the Hot Rod Hill Climb three of the four cars that ran up took different scenic ways back and Troy just happened to be spending time with relatives in CO that informed him of how close Pikes Peak was so off he went...the rest of us really missed out, it looks amazing. The vid is over 30 minutes long, but the end is really breathtaking when you compare the angle of climb to the horizon and hear Troys banger just chugging away without missing a beat!

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thank you, I enjoyed the rides.

3. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Very cool, I know a few of the Red Devils but never met you guys...........were do you hang out.

4. jer11ren

jer11ren

So-Cal Tex, a few of us hang out at 35th Ave and Northern on Friday nights. Come by and say hello sometime!

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Second best to actually being there. Thanks for sharing.

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Cool vids - looks like a ton of fun

7. fatkoop

fatkoop

I can't get over how good that banger sounds, even at 14,000 ft. I know many modern civilian cars that can barely run up there. Great video.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker