Register now to get rid of these ads!

Those low-riders are REALLY serious about their bombs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackp-15coupe, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Bomba is the word with a female gender with the A on the end if my spanish is correct

2. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I am very surprised at how good Livin The Low Life is. It has some disappointing moments, but, with several exceptions, it seems to be pretty informative. I expected a lot worse after seeing other speed channel efforts.

I've been very inspired by Bombs and Lowriders. At the same time, I'm inspired by Hot Rods and customs. To me these styles seem to blend well. It maybe because all these genres share an individuals personal connection to his/her car, a reverence for classic American iron, and parallel significant histories in American youth culture. Maybe this is the Kustom Kulture thing people talk about, I don't know. I know I like it.

3. Donzie

Donzie

I've watched the show seveal times. Although I'm not in to the hopping thing I like a lot of their cars. They take real pride in their rides and express true family values. It appears to be more than a lifestyle, it's a brotherhood.

BTW, I have a compass like this. I'll take a mere $500. for it. And don't try and talk me down. :D

Attached Files:

4. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yes, the word "bomba" is "la bomba", but, not all words that have an "a" at the end are feminine nouns. For example, el día/ el mapa/ el agua etc etc, are words that are masculine nouns, but end in an "a".

Ok, enough with the Spanish lessons.

5. B_A_RIDER

B_A_RIDER
    BANNED

My buddies Bro and Serg are the guys that make the Lowrider Scene Dvds, they have a whole slew of them for sale. Theres alot of other lowrider dvds out there but Lowrider Scene covers most the bombs and traditional lows, plus they play the oldies tunes to there vids. This is probably your best bet at getting ahold of them...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=137707487

6. B_A_RIDER

B_A_RIDER
    BANNED

And to clear up the bomb/lowrider label confusion MOST people consider pre 1954's done in the traditional lowrider style a bomb. But a bomb can take on many deffinitions for instance a all stock pre 54' that rides at stock height with factory accessorys is considered a bomb as well.

7. r759ca

r759ca
    from nor cal

thanks for the education, now my day wasnt a total waste

8. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Does it have a GM emblem on it? If it does, it sure would look nice in my "Bettie Bomb".

Attached Files:

9. "Very well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if one were to look hard you would see the bombs have been there since the start."

And that seems too be very long ago.............

Attached Files:

10. fat141

fat141

My best THANK YOU:D

11. hemi

hemi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great show... cool thread. They are very family-oriented, as stated, and they do tend to keep and work on cars much longer than the average hot rodder. It's almost a status symbol to hang on to something for a long period of time.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  12. B A Rider,
    I was just about to ask how new car a car be and still be considered a bomb.
    Thanks for informing us.

Dave

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thought I would post a few more photos that I gathered from the internet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I absolutely love Bombita's!!

Joel

15. J-KAT

J-KAT
    from Salinas,CA

:eek: :D

16. Donzie

Donzie

I watched the show again last night. Some of these cars are just awesome, and many built in their back yards. Of course it helps if you live somewhere where it's always warm. Like I said before, I'm not into the hoppers but the rides themselves are beautiful.
    So, being a white boy from Michigan would I be out of line or ridiculed for doing my '52 Dodge in a low rider style?
    I've always liked the looks of most of these cars, similar to customs but usually with more trim and accessories. I wouldn't want someone to think I'm a "posser". It's not like I'm living the lifestyle, is it ok that I just show my appreciation for this style of car?
    Also, I want to make sure the translation and definition is correct. Would my car be a La Bomba or El Bomba?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  17. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] BTT one for Groucho.

18. I do.....but its where I draw the line to "gaudyness", so I took it out.

IMO too much of a "good thing" ain't so good.....ya know what I mean ?

Rat

19. had my older kids cruisin with me in the wagon.. they have grown now... want my younger ones to cruise with me in the 47 fleetmaster...they can sell it when im gone...but for now its mine !!!! ''FAMILY IS FOREVER'' :{