Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Eddie Meyer Heads & Intake

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Sep 16, 2014.

1. How do you tell the difference between original Eddie Meyer heads and intake's to the rebop one's.
    I am looking at buying some from a mate, the heads are 24 stud to suit the 39 to 48 motor, he has had them for about 20 years, they were polished when he got them, look in real good nick but not sure if they are original. Did a search could not find any info.

2. I thought the addition of "Custom" was when it changed hands.

3. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

I had an original set of 21 stud Eddie Meyer heads that had a number stamped on the top. Don Orosco told me via e-mail that his reproduction heads were not stamped or numbered. Not sure about the 24 stud heads but maybe this helps.

Geoffrey

4. My mate sent me some pics, both the heads and the intake are stamped, I believe they are originals from what research I have done looks like the heads are pre war, not sure about the intake.
    e2.JPG e3.JPG ed4.JPG ed1.JPG ed5.JPG

Deuces likes this.

5. One more, have got no idea as to why previous pics loaded upside down.
    ed6.JPG

Deuces and sodbuster like this.
  6. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Eddie Meyer marked all of the flathead manifolds you have pictured here with an X followed by a 3 digit number starting at 100 on the bottom side of the manifold. If you have X101, then this is the first intake manifold made, x200 this is manifold #100 etc. The intake manifolds made by Don Orosco have no numbering on them. Don Orosco's Eddie Meyer inakes and heads first came out about 10 years ago so if your buddy has owned the Eddie Meyer intake and heads 20 years they are definitely original. The heads look excellent. Have a look under the intake manifold, I am curious to see what number it is.

7. There is a pic of the intake # but it's upside down X224, so I presume the intake is pre war as well.

8. Try this again head and intake #

ed4.JPG ed5.JPG

Deuces likes this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

This is good info. Every time I try to dig of info re: Eddie Meyer heads there doesn't seem to be much out there. I have two sets, one for the earlier engine and one set for the 8AB .

10. Lasallefever

Lasallefever

What year did the Eddie Meyers slingshot originally debuted?
    [​IMG]

What year did the Eddie Meyer water warmed 2X2 first debuted?
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.