Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from West Oz - 50 Ford Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by El Skitzo, Sep 11, 2014.

1. El Skitzo

El Skitzo

Hi all, a newbie here from Perth in Western Australia.

I've just a acquired some what of a dream car for me being 1950 Ford Coupe. My father was a big Shoebox Ford man and had many in his day (mainly utes), so I've always had a soft spot for them.

This is the oldest vintage of car I've owned to date, having previously been more focused on '60s and '70s muscle cars, so I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to flatheads and 6 volt electrics etc. so I'm sure I'll be guilty of asking some pretty stupid basic questions (like where are the chassis and engine number located?) if the search function fails me.

Anyway, the car itself is running the original flathead 6cyl, 3 speed manual which I'm told has all the overdrive parts intact but are not in-use as the rear end was updated to a later model Customline diff. As mentioned above electrics are still 6 volt. The previous owner (who had it for 15 years) had access to a 1951 Ford for spares so a few '51 parts have been used in the resto, including the headlight surrounds, hubcaps, tail lights, tail light spear trims and a complete '51 right hand drive dash and steering components when he converted it to right hand drive.

At this stage my only plans for the car will be to lower it 3-4 inches, add some radial white wall tyres, fancier hubcaps, and just enjoy driving it and sharing in it with the kids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Welcome. Nice car, I've been looking for something similar. Just can't find anything I like that's in my price range (dirt poor lol)

sent via classroom note. pass it on

El Skitzo likes this.
  3. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome, Nice looking ride.

4. welcome aboard ....

5. Welcome aboard ,that car lived just around the corner from me nice car just needs parts sorted as to correct year , got a 50 coupe myself .Anything I can help with just PM me ...

El Skitzo likes this.
  6. El Skitzo

El Skitzo

Thanks good captain!

7. sillyasianz

sillyasianz

She's beautiful! Keep that flathead 6. My friend here in California has a 2:1 edmunds intake speed part but it isn't cheap. Parts are rare but it's better to stand out

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!