Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ash

ash
    from Detroit

o and before I get yelled at 38 inches tall that is lol

2. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Welcome to the HAMB Ashley. That is one beautiful car, I do admire all the work that went into it. That car is definatly an eye catcher, good to hear you drive it..

Jonney

3. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks Much

4. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

'35 wires and bias plys are almost just as cool.

5. ash

ash
    from Detroit

hmmmm ok....

6. hemifarris

hemifarris

Surely , you jest!

7. Anderson

Anderson

That car is cool....welcome!

A little late to the drama, but for the record, there are plenty of guys on here who have had less of a hand in building their cars than Ash here appears to have had...

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the stuff your dad is building.

8. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks Much, and it's probley true.....
    and i will send new build pictures of the two new rods in the makeing ASAP...
    Thanks

9. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

LMFAO!!!! you tell em Ash. too fuckin funny... thanks for the PM. i would'nt have seen this thread if you had'nt sent it. i'm glad you found this place but as i'm sure you've realized there are a bunch of "girls" on here, and by "girls" i mean drama queens (no offense intended to actual females). i don't even remember high school being as bad as this place. most of the "girls" on here are old men too, which is even funnier... i pretty much just try to ignore the crap. i have'nt the time for it... i fuckin LOVE the car but i've been tellin you that since i saw it in pieces in the ole shop. good seein ya at SEMA. i'll have to come visit one of these weekends soon. till then...

Mike

10. PRESKRYS

PRESKRYS

Humble?????

If you say your leaving the sight because 1 or 2 people question your abilities then that tells me you are far from humble and probably very sheltered.

HOWEVER you are 18, in which as a "girl" at that age you should be slightly in this men dominating area in life.

On the flipside you are back and seem to have put behind the naysayers to an exstent? Good for you!

Now I am no seasoned vet here, however I have done "rod building" for 5yrs. now and finnished many a car. I believe I have the right as a "craftsman" of the rodding trade to tell you : Never drop a BOMB like "chip and boyd and many of the other silk toilet paper using latex, glove wearing, greaseless floor pre-madonas again on this site.

Orig. builders put there cars together with there left over pay from working the gas station. Or the little money they had after returing from the war.
    As my grandfather did after WW2 with his 30 PLY. and then my father after Vietnem and his 55 Belair. and myself after 2yrs. in the army serving in Norfolk VA. I am a dual citizen and now live in Canada and my first car after the army was (29model a cowl. then turned 2 34 chev. hoods into my doors with the flip side vents. 1934 rear coach all braced together and fabbed up to make one crazy rod. Powered by a 1988 Jaguar V12.
    I did all of this for 2200$ total.

sorry for the rant, it would just behoove you to not use them on this site.

Thats my 2 cents, and I am canadian now so that makes about 1-1/2 cents
    now I guess? lol.

11. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

Baaaaaahahahahahah!!!! That was pretty funny. Someone told me they call them "dinks" in some areas. and loonie is a dollar....toonie is 2?

Or are they just looney toons?

12. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Yes sorry guys, but I actually know a lot having a Father the is a profesional hot rod builder, and growing up around rodding since i was born (now being 18) I've been very fourtunte to know the people I know, meet the people I've, go to all the shows I attend, so don't take this bad, I'm not being mean and you don't have to jump all over me... I'm a very humble person, just when people piss me off they really piss me off lol....
    And please don't start more stuff now, rember I'm 18 but I'm a very mature 18 year old... This is a great place with some very great people for example
    -Nick32Vic- he's an awesome 18 year old trying his ass off, and he's got a bad ass car...You people must rember the young people are the future of rodding, and Nick G. will be a major part of that future...
    -hemifarris-this man has many bad ass cars, he know the history...
    -flatheadpete-this guys awesome he's supporting a family, he used to work for my father i rember many times like when pete used to dance to flashdance lol... And this guy he drives his car, 20 degress and snow out and he shows up in his roadster at the shop.... And you people just have to run eachother down, i'm in high school and it's not this bad...
    Just to name a few there are many great people on here....

13. hemifarris

hemifarris

I'd be curious to see what you've built that is nicer than what the "silk toilet paper using, latex glove wearing, greaseless floor primadonnas" have built. Maybe just show 1 or 2 renderings (drawings),ala Chip Foose, that you've had come to fruition. I believe that Boyd Coddington started out as a machinist in the Mid-west United States, moved to Los Angeles to repair rides at Disneyland rides and worked on hot rods on the side. No offense sport, but you wouldn't make a wart on Boyd Coddington or Chip Foose's ass......Just my opinion....Mike

14. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Nicky, you might want to clue her in on your gayness.... haha Anyway- just tuning in to all this stuff. Car looks good, so why are we fighting over who built it?? Ash keep on keeping on....whatever that means.

15. PRESKRYS

PRESKRYS

16. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks for calling me poetic. I know you meant it and weren't just kidding.First of all, everything I said was true. As far as your work on Chop Cut Rebuild, both cars you mentioned were pieces of shit ,as were others featured on that series. The truck had the steering wheel turned 3/4 clockwise while driving straight down the street ,the suicide doors didn't fit and it looked like Ray Charles did the paint layout.. Chop cut Rebuild is now filmed in the USA because they received so many complaints about the shitty builds they featured from Canada so don't get hurt patting yourself on the back..I meant what I said about your work in comparison to the guys you were putting down. That's not being rude, just fact! All I ask is for you to show photos of your show winners...You were invited to car shows? ok...By the way, I've won 8 first in class trophies,6 junior best of show trophies and 1 best paint trophy at Detroit's Cobo Hall Autorama. Oh yeah, my roadster was one of the 51 hot rods invited to the 51'st NHRA nationals in Indy this past summer. I don't want a pissing match with you.All I want is for you to "PUT UP" as I originally posted....Mike

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

for the love of FUCKING GOD would you two girls fucking drop it? i thought i was on the web site for the Young and the Restless for a minute there. :rolleyes: ...i could'nt even finish reading what you two were saying cause it was driving me NUTS! (and we all know what a short drive that is.)

18. Zodoff

Zodoff

Hahahaha, you really bring out the child in some people ash.
    Unbelivable!

Nice car,
    Welcome!

19. ash

ash
    from Detroit

That is the best quote keep on keeping, and it does mean a lot actually....Thanks

20. ash

ash
    from Detroit

21. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

So what's her name? Piston? Tie rod end? :confused:

Ashley, what mill are you running in the roadster?

22. PRESKRYS

PRESKRYS

23. PRESKRYS

PRESKRYS

here ya go

Attached Files:

24. hemifarris

hemifarris

I'm rotten and bitter? I think you need to re-read your posts. You're the one that's getting tight jawed, not me.Guys like you don't phase me. I don't think I called you any names,did I?...Take care...Mike....P.S..I will now adhere to my "signature" below.And anyone that doesn't like my honesty, just don't read any posts that have the black roadster with green wheels under the name hemifarris....

25. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I dont like getting involved in these kinds of disputes. They accomplish nothing.

I will leave this thread with one last comment from myself. If I was a moderator I would probably lock the thread.

Ashley, Welcome to the HAMB. I am glad you are a part of it. Just have fun reading about the things we love most. I find it best to ignore the silly arguments and stuff like that.

Nick:)

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Welcome to the HAMB Ash...

As for the rest of you and especially those of you that have invested so much time into this thread (where do you guys find such time?), I suggest you read this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.