Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Found this pic on the web, a bit of inspiration.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409479583.790364.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kidcampbell71, 509garyd and RoddyB34 like this.
  2. Thanks mate, ordered a copy...

3. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

hi Thommo, great pic mate, awsome coupe!
    hows the roadster going?

thommoina33 likes this.
  4. brandos55

brandos55
    from Australia

Tony sorry to hear about Bryon may he R.I.P in Hotrod heaven

Tom,you never stop pulling rare speed parts out of your garage!!!!!I can't wait till you cruise by in one of your toys,The pickup must be close to driving around. Jeff

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I haven't posted for quite a while. Work has been a bit intense and I have had a lot on my mind because of it, still have! Through all this I haven't had the motivation to post in here, or even the desire to keep in touch with people I don't see in my day to day life.
    However, I have had my garage and all my stuff to engross myself in and help ease some of the intensity of the past few months.
    Over the course of the last couple of weeks I have managed to give the English Wheel I was given many years ago, a makeover. Whoever made this English Wheel made it quickly with the sole purpose of getting the job done he made it for and nothing else. Yes it was strong and worked well enough, I have used it a few times. But me being me I wanted to give it a bit of style.
    I won't describe what I did, I will just let the images do the talking.
    Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    wazza likes this.
  6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

With most of the alterations shown in the above post done, it was only a matter of making the new swivelling front legs. Then onto smoothing it all out, a bit of filler and then some paint.
    It turned out quite nice. It is not a machine I use very often , but it sure looks neat now just sitting here in the garage.
    Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

kidcampbell71, 509garyd and wazza like this.
  7. Good to see you posting again Geoff. The English wheel looks much better now, just need to lay down some stripes on it to finish it off.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

8. Hey Whodaky glad to see you back on this thread that you created, it's the most inspirational read and all the better when you write about your hot rod experiences. Take care. Garyd ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409975334.691999.jpg

9. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Hi Whodack,
    Great to have you back mate!

10. Avgas

Avgas

Very Art Deco Geoff, waykool mate!

11. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff I am really happy that you are steering the ship again , captain. Summer is here and a good time to dust of the cobwebs of the old grasp Partner. The wheeling machine needs some use now you done her up . Talk soon.

12. Hey Tommy how's that pickup coming along? Any pics or updates... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410245519.831799.jpg

13. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff, Good to see you back on this thread. Great work on tidying up the old wheel, The trim covers the join very well.
    Tommy, How are you going with the pick up? Last weekend to get stuff done before Nagambie. Good luck. I realy hope you can get it to the run, I'd love to see it.

14. Ha, ha. Badass hot rod english wheel. Course, something to be sad to rebrand it as the Aussie Wheel. Looks like something big is coming. Can't wait.

15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

photo (101.jpg
    hi Wardog and GaryD,
    unfortunately i will not have the pickup at the run. Long story short i had to decide between going for broke on the pickup or completing several nagging jobs on the coupe with my limited time i wanted to get the coupe ready as i have not driven it for several months. the coupe has changed significantly since it last made it's debut to the Cranksters inaugural run with an new motor, lowered stance and full hood. I will be hopefully cruising into nagambie around lunch on Friday with a couple of bottles of prime red wine on board from Tahbilk winery! i cant wait for the weekend, see you all there. I will be crusing in with Steve and his killer 39 Merc custom

thommoina33 likes this.
  16. Wardog

Wardog

Smart man Tommy, Still going to be a fun weekend. See you Friday.

17. Take plenty of pics guys. Tommy the coupe looks great with those wheels.

18. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Look forward To meeting you there Wardog

FB thanks for your comment, actually one of the rear wheels has a different offset to the other and sticks just proud of the guard giving that 60s look mate on one side !

fuzzybear likes this.
  19. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Just got back from Justin's place , we started on the chop on his 34 5w I was there for three days and made very good progress, check it out on my Facebook page. Good luck on the trip Tom wish I was going . After the chop I am really burned out.

20. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Big Tony the passenger seat is all yours

lowlids likes this.
  21. Kialla Kid

Kialla Kid
    from Kialla

Hey Geoff Work can get in the way of the good times every now and then, great to see you are back on deck. Take care Regards Gazza

22. Tish427

Tish427
    from Australia

I came across this, could inspire you guys again...

Attached Files:

23. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I just spent the weekend at Port Fairy at Rita and Tony's. I would just like to thank them for their usual hospitality.
    Here are a couple of images from the weekend.
    Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Good to see you at it mate. I bet Tony was glad to see you.

25. Very ol'school pics Geoff. Glad to hear some progress is being made.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412090542.266317.jpg

26. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff, It's always a pleasure to have you here mate . It was good to go Cruzin in the coupe especially when you blew all the cobwebs and spiders out from the old Caddy motor, thanks Geoff.

27. Hey Tony are you heading to Chopped this weekend? it would be good to catch up...

28. Kialla Kid

Kialla Kid
    from Kialla

Hey Tommy It was unfortunate we could not have spent some time shooting the breeze at Nagambie, hope you and your friends had a blast and thanks to you all for coming along. How cool is your mates Mercury?

29. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Hi Gazza,
    I had a magnificent time. Your club perform well above all expectations, you have a most magnificent location close to Melbourne, best timing- being the first major event after winter which gives people something to aim for during winter, your registration fee is remarkable and a lesson for other clubs to emulate and all of your club members really put in to ensure the success of the event where rodders like me drive away with many happy memories.
    Steve's merc is a real killer it correctly depicts the kind of guy Steve is - a truly devoted hardcore hot rod connessuer !
    It was a pleasure catching up with you none the less of time constraints and I love the wheel covers on the coupe mate, please take me for a spin next time !
    Best regards,
    Tommy

30. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

Glad you enjoyed the weekend Tommy. Once again I was too busy to have a chat ( or a beer). One day soon Gaz , Wardy & myself will have a chance catch up with you .
    I only saw Steve's Merc briefly Saturday evening ( just before Dale shot the the feature for Cruzin) and he's got it right.
    Sorry about the crap pics. Only had enough time to stop shoot & run. I literally only saw it long enough to takes these
    [​IMG]
    Notice Wardy's A in the background
    [​IMG]