Register now to get rid of these ads!

Street racers....What's the worse ass whoopin you ever got street racing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Sep 8, 2008.

1. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

2. 296ardun

296ardun

If I caught my kids street racing, I would whup their asses, and then not tell them that I used to do it...and while it was usually some out-of-the-way place, it was also sometimes on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena, where I got my own worst whupping.

Cruising Colorado Blvd with my brother and a high school friend in my '31 Roadster, 324" Olds, though I was pretty fast. An old guy in a new '61 Chev comes up next to me and wants to know if I think I can beat him. My buddy says some smart-ass thing to him, and then the light turns green. I could see his taillights before we crossed the intersection, and could barely see him before the block ended. When I got to the Powerine station next to Bob's, he was parked there. It was then that I found out that I had been blown off by Dyno Don Nicholson and his new 409, right before he took it to the Winternationals. Also got beat by a '40 Ford coupe with a flathead (well, it's out of tune, I whined).

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Well, this is not all traditional stuff, but I was riding my GSXR race bike out one very late deserted summer night on the interstate playing around with the jetting around 2 am. No one out. Here comes this 55 Chevy pulling onto the interstate out of no where. Looks and sounds pretty warm, but I am not worried. I am pretty thrilled to get to smoke him. My bike was set up for roadracing, but probably was a 10 second bike. We take off from about 45 mph and he leaves me like I am sitting still. Gone. My bike goes 160mph and he is gone. Like, this is a flat straight highway and his tail lights are gone by the time I wound through 2nd gear. Ridiculous. Must have been an 8 second car or less? Does not seem possible. Must have been 1000hp or so. I am still amazed thinking about it.
    wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Had my ass handed to me by a split bumper camaro with a big block and 2 fours. Probably 5 or 6 car lengths. I swapped my 3.27's out for 4.11's, added some go-go juice and went back a few weeks later to get my revenge. He added some spray as well. I got him in the end by half a car.

5. JimSibley

JimSibley

I once ran against the "Vortec" model A roadster in Sandiego, with my 65 mustang. He spanked me SO hard. later I found out he was a 10 second car and my stang never ran better than high 14s. OUCH!!!!

6. freiertpc

freiertpc

Left my spider gears on the line...... end of story.

7. atomickustom

atomickustom

High school (of course!). 1984. I had a 1968 LeMans convertible with a 350 and powerglide. Buddy had a 1968 Grand Prix with a 400. I was pretty sure he might beat me, but convinced myself that I had a chance because I thought his car was much heavier.
    He left me behind so fast that I literally lost sight of his taillights. My buddy thought I'd chickened out and decided not to hammer the pedal!
    Couple years later I bought a '71 Grand Prix SJ with a warmed-up 455. Spanked a 5.0 Mustang just as bad. Redemption.

8. Back in the mid to late 50's, Riverside, Ca. was still a fairly small town. We'd just gotten our second high
    school. When the 2 rival schools had a game, our small police force all converged on the area of the game to maintain the peace. Us street racers avoided the games. Instead we ran our street races on Main St., right in front of the police station.
    After high school in the early 60's I had a pretty hot 55 Ford. One night a beat up old 40's something Chevy pulled up beside me at a traffic light. Guy wanted to race. OK, no sweat. Light turned green, tires screeched and all I saw were Chevy tail lights. Caught up with the guy at the local drive in and asked what the hell was under his hood. He popped the hood and showed me one of the cleanest Wayne 4 port Jimmy engines that I'd ever seen.

9. 1970....I75 freeway through Royal Oak, Michigan. I was in my 383 four speed 1968 Roadrunner when this Plum Crazy purple 340 Duster pulls up beside me and jabs the accelerator a few times to egg me on....didn't take much back then to get me interested so we slowed it way down to a 30 roll and BOOM! We were off like rockets. Problem was, I never saw a factory small block beat a factory big block. Learned a lesson that night. He was GONE!!! We stopped at a gas station up the road and I peered under the hood of the Duster and saw that tiny 340. Needless to say, I was amazed....