Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical SF Bay Area engine rebuild shop recommendation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ford_six, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ford_six

ford_six

I'm looking for a shop to rebuild my 1957 Ford F-100 223 engine. Anyone have any recommendations in the SF Bay Area?

I've been nursing the original engine along for a couple years since I've owned it but it's time for a rebuild. I considered a V8 swap but since the whole truck is stock and I was getting decent mileage I want to stick with the 223. I don't have enough space to do all the work myself so I'm hoping to find a decent shop that can take care of the rebuild. It's such a simple engine and I don't need any power up features so I'm hoping to keep the costs down. Any ideas?

thanks,

2. 327Eric

327Eric

Where are you located? Felix at APM Custom Engines in Morgan Hill is a stand up guy, and does great work.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

S.F. Bay Area is 6,984 sq mi

HEMI32 likes this.
  4. kiwi1967

kiwi1967

A hamb member M.Edell has a machine shop/fabrication shop ,look him up and maybe PM him for the details..I know he serves the bay area

5. ford_six

ford_six

I'm in San Francisco but willing to go out of town. Since it's a fairly big investment I was looking for a few referrals to shop around. If I only go to shops in the City my choices are limited. Thanks to everyone that responded.

6. Black93GT

Black93GT
    from Vacaville

Bailey Brothers Performance in American Canyon.

I think think the majority of their buisness is race motors, but to me if a shop is busy building race motors and has a good name in that community, then they must to good work. They did a set of LS3 heads for me a few months ago and I get giddy looking at the finish. They were highly recommended to me by a circle track guy and I'll highly reccoment them as well. I won't hesitate to use them for anything and everything, quite honestly... thats where i'll go from now on.

They're located right off 29 in American Canyon so I'm not sure how they were affected this weekend but give them a try.

7. unkamort

unkamort

Go down and talk to Paul, Allied Engine at 751 Ellis between Larkin and Polk. It's worth the trip just to see what he has hanging around the shop. Tell'em that fat hippie that moved to Tn sent ya.

Edit: Correct address information. Really worth a visit if you are on vacation in SF.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014