Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 Chevy Dash / Shop Radio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1Y, Aug 26, 2014.

1. 1Y

1Y

Picked up this dash up from a other hamber last year, started the project, then got busy doing other stuff. Finally got off my ass and did a little paint last weekend. Still need a couple of items to finish it off. Looking for a junk steering mast to cut up and the U shaped bracket that holds it to the dash. If you've got these let me know. I think it came out nice and thoroughly enjoyed the paint practice.

Before
    Old Dash.JPG

Almost Finished..

55 Dash Small.JPG

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    gotta56forme likes this.
  2. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

3. Very trick... what's the little Marshall... just a speaker cabinet?

4. 55chevr

55chevr

I liked it when it was black.

5. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

6. 1Y

1Y

New
    Its a Marshal Stanmore loudspeaker. It can be used wired or wirelessly and will serve as the speaker for the radio which was converted and has an aux. jack & RCA outputs. The dash will light up, cig lighter will work etc

7. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

That's killer!!! Coolest shop radio I've seen! When can I buy one??? :D

8. Functional wall art..... very cool...

9. Cool! I was curious, cuz I have a couple of Marshall guitar amps/cabinets that I play my guitars through.

10. squirrel

squirrel

How much of the column do you want? enough to add a steering wheel, or what?

if you can't find a bracket, they're not too hard to make.

[​IMG]

11. 1Y

1Y

Jim,
    I'm in between doing enough to add a wheel, or just enough to fill the cluster hole and machining a little center cap to fill the empty column mast. I guess if I go the later route I could skip the column all together, machine it a little bigger then engine turn the top to make it fit the theme...Idk

12. squirrel

squirrel

Might make sense to not have a steering column/wheel sticking out. You really just need the bottom cover, and make something to fill the round hole. And a bracket to attach the bottom cover, in my pic that tab that sticks out of the U bracket is what holds the cover on.

13. squirrel

squirrel

the bottom cover in place

[​IMG]

14. 1Y

1Y

I have the bottom piece and leaning towards, just filling the whole and skipping dicking with the mast at all. I'm just not sure a piece of billet aluminum (engine turned to disguise) is the way to go about it. Maybe some short of horn cap or taillight lens, or even just a black plastic cap if I can find one to fit. Oooohhhh maybe
    fill the hole with a small tach or other gauge. That might be cool, now to measure and see if anything will fit.

15. 1Y

1Y

I would do it again, but you supply all the parts :D