Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects First drive.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rockabillybassman, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Just got back from the first drive on my rebuilt flattie. It's a C59A and I have installed new rings, main and rod bearings, valves faced and new guides, Isky lifters, Drake pumps, Bubba built distributor, 12v starter, NOS fuel pump, new clutch etc, etc. Also milled the heads and reworked the combustion chambers. With an f150 3+1 trans and 4.11 open drive banjo, it went like a champ! I'm very happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Your happy, I'm jealous.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Congrats on crossing the threshold!

4. wondered why we hadn't seen or heard from you in a while:D

5. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

6. Man that's cool, very nice Marty. JW :)

7. You should share with us what you are using for a radiator.......I'd say a bunch of guys could do the same and save some $$$$$$$. Glad the flattie is working well. I did about the same rebuild to one in a '32 pickup I had in '09. Tim

8. Radiator is 66 Mustang. Got it cheap, had it tested and modified to twin outs and ins, and it works great in a rod with no hood. 7lb cap and Drakes hiflow pumps with Subaru thermos, which flow 25% more than flathead ones. Radiator cost me NZ$ 200 all up, about US$ 160. Probably be a lot cheaper in the US.

9. Congrats, with Summer just around the corner, yourll be having a blast!

10. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Bet you are still smiling! Great job and enjoy the reward.

11. Henry is smillin!!!