Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Kurtis Kraft Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by soda4u2, Aug 19, 2014.

1. soda4u2

soda4u2

Is there a vehicle that looks like a Kurtis that could be title and registered to be driven on the street?? I've found a couple of the midgets around , but there are no titles. Or can a Kurtis or 40's-50's midget be registered somehow to be streetable?? Thanks for any reply's.

2. aaggie

aaggie

Maybe a track nose "T" roadster would be close and legal.

3. barstowpo

barstowpo

Perhaps you could register one as a specially constructed vehicle. If it is older and has a chassis number, you could just register it as is so long as it has all the required equipment. I used to see an old Formula Ford in Newport Beach CA that had lights and fenders added and it was street legal.

4. soda4u2

soda4u2

5. Kurtis made noses, hoods and belly pans for track & lakes T's. Repops are being made in aluminum & fiberglass.
    I know where the original Kurtis parts are, hanging in the rafters of a barn. If I ever find a good steel 27 roadster body, I'll be building a streetable track T.
    Before moving from California, I saw a number of sprint cars on the street. Head lights, tail lights, horn, muffler, windshield and windshield wiper are required for street use. Depending on weight, fenders may be required. They can be registered as vintage or antique cars.