Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 H.A.M.B. Drags - A Tough One

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

2014 H.A.M.B. Drags - A Tough One

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. I've been to everyone. Always a great time. Made it home in the Roadster with a little drama, but all fixable in an O'Reilly's parking lot, and some pretty cool dude with a welder on up the road. Dean

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, top class.

4. Thanks again pal. The drags are always a blast but the late night parking lot BS sessions are really what makes the weekend for for me.

Nick32vic likes this.

5. jho

jho
    from Omaha

This is the event that the OMAHA crew talks about every time we are together. Thanks for everything ryan and everyone else involved... its events like this that keep me and all of us car guys motivated

hot-rod roadster and Nick32vic like this.
  6. Another great "happenin" Ryan & posse!! I'll be making it to the next one..... God willing and da creek don't rise!, thanks for the memories!

7. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Ryan, you and the crew did good. We had a blast, as always.

8. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

1st one.....totally blown away by the whole thing, already planning next year, great to meet you and all the hardworking folks that make it happen.

K

9. das858

das858

Thank you Ryan, we had the most fun H.A.M.B. drags ever.

10. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

11. Butch M

Butch M

Thanks Ryan had a great time ......

12. I've been going there since 04 and it has gotten better each year. It is the one can't miss deal as far as I am concerned. I have run my old heaps down the strip at 3 of the events and you can not imagine how much fun this old fart has had. And this year Carl and crew let me and Denise do a special deal. Denise did not bring her car this year and we always race for ice cream. So Carl let us race with bicycles. Thanks for every thing. I physically patted you on the back at the registration table and thanked you and I want to thank you now for making this deal happen. You give all of us something special to look forward to each year.
    Later,
    Dick

13. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Didn't make it this year, but I know you & a lot of others put in major time & effort to pull this thing off. THANKS!

14. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

This year's drags were fantastic! Got to meet and hang out with some super rad people as well as old friends. Good stuff. Thanks for making this event so awesome Ryan

15. Ghost28

Ghost28

100_2892.jpg 100_2893.jpg 100_2893.jpg We had agreat time even though we blew a head gasket the first pass. It was fixed by the et round and ran fast enough to win the gas roadster elimination. WHAT AGREAT TIME FOR ALL.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  16. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thanks Ryan, we appreciate all you do. I've been to all of them and had a great time again this year. Sam

17. It was a great day and a great event. Thanks for all the hard work!

18. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I have been to them all. I think this event went great. No problems that I could see.

Now Kerry, he had problems. He gets the hard luck award for the weekend. Breaking two Hemi engines in one weekend is almost a record.

John

19. Been attending since 03. Ryan/crew, it was great once again.

20. inkstain27

inkstain27

My 5th one in a row and probably the best time I've had yet. Thank Ryan and everyone else that put the time and energy for this event to happen.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Things were more then smooth enough for us. We were there we got to race (and drink with friends) and that was what we were there for.

There was nothing lacking that you could possibly have any control over even on your best year. We still appreciate all that you and the crew do to put on a great venue.

22. I didn't notice any under-prep.... seemed to go as smooth as always.. It's probably my favorite weekend of the year. Wouldn't miss it.

I lost my dad in 06 to Cancer, the best thing I could do was to keep on keepin' on. I wasn't able to drive his purple 38 chevy this year that he poured his heart and soul into for over 30 years, but it will be back next year.

23. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Another great event. I wait all year for this and it's NEVER a disappointment. Best wishes to you and your family in all the recent hardships you've suffered. Im sure its been difficult. Gary

24. catdad49

catdad49

Seems as though everyone had a great time. You have a great bunch of support people who take ownership of this deal and make it what it is and more. Treat em right, do the best you can with what ya got and they will come. Can't wait for Joey's coverage. Bravo, Carp

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  25. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

By the looks of all the photos posted I missed a good one. Well Done!

26. haychrishay

haychrishay

It was a good time !!!

27. Was that a "Best" gasket? Do you spray copper sealer on them? I had a Felpro blow out once but the Best have held so far with copper spray. .

28. Geri

Geri

I seen your fabuloius track T roadstyer at the holiday inn awesome car.

29. Geri

Geri

note to all - I brought my blown fuel nostalgia dragster (Nitro Therapy) to the Holiday inn Friday night and was talked into running it a bit (didn't take all that much talking). I mixed up an 85% load and it seemed to like it. I'm hoping someone got a picture or two of my car running, as I was a bit busy attending to it at the time. I put George "Bushmaster" Schreiber- 60's T/F dragster owner,driver in the seat for the run, we got to relive some of the old days.
    I went to the track Saturday morning but at my tender age of 73 and being up 20 hours the previous day I just couldn't manage the heat and came home early. I did run into Bennie "The Wizard" Osborn early A/FD driver/owner there as well. the cars were fabulous from my era -early 60's and loved them all. the people at the Holiday Friday night were a great help getting my car in and out of the trailer- I don't have a crew, it's just me.
    I noted the HAMB tech guys trying to get everyone registered -they worked their a**es off for the cause.
    thanks to the HAMB and members for a great time. Geri Tarvin.
    union-2013-cackle-fest-door-cars-funny-cars-top-fuel-095.jpg

Krash likes this.
  30. Glad everything went well,and I am sure you felt that you had not prepared properly but I am most certain that your team has done this so many times nothing was left to chance.

From the looks of it the 12th annual drags went off without any problems. HRP