Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features New Coker Bias look radials

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Dec 25, 2013.

1. -C-.

-C-.
    from GERMANY

2. Sorry -C- , they are not the tires in question.

3. -C-.

-C-.
    from GERMANY

Up´s, ... they are talking about the new 15 inch coker classic radial serie.
    I replaced my 5.60 / 8.20 x 15 bias plys with diamondback 165R15 / 235-75R15.
    Now I can switch bach to the org. size and get better radial driving performance.
    On my 34 roadster, I have new 6.00 / 7.50 x 16 bias ply tires. They drive like a p.o.s., I have to replace them very quick with radials too. I did not tought that the difference betreen bias & radial is so big. I like the bias ply look, but I need some tire performance when it comes to speed, handling, cornering and brake power. . .

4. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

I got my set mounted and balanced and on my caddy last weekend. they are round and balanced out fine, and although I haven't driven it on the highway, they do ride smooth. the only thing I don't like, is it raised the car up a little over an inch. my fault. i know it doesn't seem like a lot, but to me the correct stance makes or breaks the whole look of the car. I bought the 8.20 15's ( it had 235/75/15's) for the load rating because it's such a heavy car and the tread width is narrower. the old tire's were still over 28" tall. but for some reason these tires look huge to me. fills the wheel wells with little room to spare, they'll rub the front fender sooner than the previous tires. put 35lbs of air in 'em, it looked like a 4x4, then lowered it to 32lbs. to get the car at least a little lower. and either way there is still a radial bulge. any way here's some before and after pics.
    [​IMG]

^ notice on the back wheel you can't even see the caddy medallion.
    in this picture you can see more than half of the bullet cap.
    sorry, this is the only clear side shot I've got.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

in the picture above this one, look how close it is to the front bumper ^ and how huge they look. there only supposed to be an inch more in diameter from the 235/75's, but for some reason they look bigger than that. as soon as I put the right front tire on it, and dropped the jack, I knew they were to tall for this car. probably better tires for a 50's car than a 60's car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

look at the space between the wheel opening mlding and the rim in both pics. I guess i could have gone with the 760 15's, spent a few more bucks and still not be happy, I don't know. maybe I'm being to nit-pickey, what do you guys think? for some reason, they don't do anything for me as far as looks on this car. I have absolutely no complaints about coker tire or the looks or quality of this tire, I'm more pissed off at myself for not buying 1 tire and trying it on there before I sprung for 4 tires. expensive lesson and you would think I would know better. dumb ass.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep them on there or go with 225/75/15 pinner whites and supremes. anyone want to buy 4 new tires for their car, give you a super deal on them!.

5. Now that we have had a few months of summer any new updates on these tires.?

6. Jammin'

Jammin'

I called Diamond Back yesterday about availability of their Auburn Deluxe Radial wide white wall tires and they said the owner would be visiting the plant in 6 weeks and would find out a date for release at that time.

7. Well after I finally got my 1929 Willys Whippet on the road with Bias plys. I'm glad to say that my car tracks and drives just like a modern radial tire car. I have no need to worry at all about using the radial look alike when my car drives so good with the real McCoy. I'm happy!!

Pinstriper40 and Moriarity like this.
  8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

The top and bottom pictures with the wire wheels is Killer...........I love this car...Elvis would have bought this car in a minute.............Bring it to Cruising the Coast

9. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

thanks tannergang, I also dig the car with the wires, but way too many issues with broken and leaking spokes over the years. the coker classics that were on it flat spotted and couldn't be driven or balanced out. I've since put supremes on the car with pinner whites, drove the car once and the whitewalls turned brown! I can't win with this car, it's killin' me! I just ordered a set of diamond back wide whites, lets see how these work out. the bias radials are sitting in my storage container looking for a new home. pm me if anyone is interested.

10. Love your Caddy, whatever wheel & tire combination you have on it.:)......Don.

i.rant likes this.
  11. Martino

Martino

I think they look good on Autoboyed's Caddy. Im thinking of putting a set on my 56 Tbird. Has anyone put a set on a Baby Bird?

12. My opinion....your Cadillac looks f'ing amazing with those tires on it. I like the beefy look of the tires. I think they fit and look perfect!!!! These were big fat girls that needed big fat shoes!! Cadillac.jpg

bengeltiger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. displaced_kiwi

displaced_kiwi
    from Olathe KS

So far so good. My car is a work in progress, so its been local driving, some freeways, traveling 20 miles or so each way, sitting on 65mph (216 stovebolt). I haven't noticed anything weird, they might be a little spongier than the radials I had on it before as the walls are taller on these (as mentioned by autobodyed) vs the radial white walls I had on the car before. Otherwise, I mean, its a boring report... they have been driving just fine and I am happy with em.

I haven't driven it in the rain so no comments on wet performance. I cannot remember what I posted before, but if anyone is close to me and wants to check them out, just message me.

I am about to install a Truckstell o/d so I can cruise a little faster, but I'll start a build thread and update that.

cheers
    ricki

14. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I feel Coker need to sort out this supply situation, I have a few sets of these on order for quite a while now and my customers are starting to moan that they havnt reviewed their tyres !!!

15. Jammin'

Jammin'

The word today is that they will be available in the spring of 2015.

16. fleet_47

fleet_47
    from N/A

DBTires,
    Can we get a new up-to-date honest timeline... maybe a little insight for the reason the release date keeps getting pushed back?

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It would be really nice to have an honest timeline when they will be available, Its difficult for people like myself who have customers that keep asking "when will I get my tyres" its difficult to know what to tell them !!!

18. desotot

desotot

My coker radials on my black merc work great. My latest merc has a set of used bias wide whites that I like the look of but expect I will be glad when they are worn down to the canvas so I can install radial www tires.

19. koolcruiser

koolcruiser
    from FRANCE

Hi guys,here is my final choice for new radials on my 32 roadster; i wanted to keep a vintage look, black walls , and quite the same size as my 5,60 -15 front and 8,20-15 rear : not easy to find!
    I have opted for 165/80/R 15 XZX MICHELIN for front, and 8,20 R 15 PHOENIX for rear
    The look is less "old-timer" , but not too much modern , and the driving pleasure, car stability and efficiency completely increased by comparison with my diagonals!
    here are some-bad- pics. what do you think of? Capture d’écran 2015-01-18 à 15.36.00.png Capture d’écran 2015-01-18 à 15.36.20.png Capture d’écran 2015-01-18 à 15.36.33.png

20. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Phoenix ? Who makes these. The tread pattern reminds me of the old Firestone cavalino tyres. Your tyres look good.

21. koolcruiser

koolcruiser
    from FRANCE

Phoenix tyres seem to be american tyres , and they are in the Coker tyres catalog

22. logride

logride
    from CB IA

I ordered 8.20 15 and 5.60 15s

Felt uneasy ordering from Coker but thought I'd give them a try.

The 5.60s are supposed to be in testing and the delivery date is like wet toilet paper.
    Not sure if the tire will hold up as well.

Has anyone put any miles on the larger sizes?

23. fleetside66

fleetside66

I called Diamondback today & spoke with James. He said there was "no word" on the Auburns & wouldn't commit to any other comment but that (despite my respectful prodding). I absolutely have to make a move this spring on tires & have been waiting for Diamondback's Auburn for years. Keep in mind that on this thread, DB Tires posted the fact that they were supposed to be released last spring. The Coker bias ply look-a-like radials are a nice looking version, but no 16." I wonder why? You'd think there would be a huge demand & if they were safety approved for 15," why not additional (larger) sizes? So, it looks like a new set of bias plys. The week after I buy them, Diamondback will make the announcement.

24. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Government NTSB tire czar conspiracy? ¿ ₩ T F ?
    Really wish we never got our hopes up. Need some good drivin, old lookin 16's, 17's, 18's

25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you maybe got half of your wish.

26. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I have 4 or 5 sets on order with Coker for the last 6 months, can't get any sensible answer as to when they will be available, got customers getting angry now, you think they would try and keep people notified instead of just leaving customers hanging !!!
    I'm not impressed !!!

27. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

"2013 Best New Product Award" at SEMA (available in 2016).

28. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Yeah exactly, you would think an update from Coker would be in their interests ???

29. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just put B.F. Goodrich Silvertown Bias Plies on my Tbird, and I love 'em. They're quiet, smooth, and the only thing that one could count against 'em is that they follow grooves in the road more than a radial. Traditional, and less expensive than the radials with the bias ply look. AND I got them 3 days after I ordered them!

On a side note, I've been... over the speed limit... with these tires and they feel just as good as radials.
    10991581_10100414643020500_5079879181324273376_o.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Moriarity likes this.
  30. Jess H

Jess H

Hey guys,

I's like to address a couple questions in this thread.

With the expectation of the 560R15, we have had the others sizes arrive, however we may have sold out and be waiting on the next production run. If we are sold out of the size(s) you want, I would suggest you place a backorder with us. When the tires come in we fill and ship those orders first. A backorder is no obligation and you can cancel at any time if your plans change. We are working to increase production so that we have product in stock when you call or go online.

For now the American Classic Bias Look Radials are available in 13” to 15” rim sizes. If you need 16” rims sizes we do offer the Coker Classic line in 550R16, 600R16, 650R16, 700R16 and 750R16 in both whitewall and blackwalls. These tires also have the bias profile and are steel belted, DOT approved radials.

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/brands/coker-classic-tires/coker-classic-nostalgia-radial.html

Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] or 1-800-251-6336 extension 263 if I can help you.

Thanks,

Jess Hoodenpyle
    Coker Tire
    Vice President of Sales and Customer Service