Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Parts from the UK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Just getting an idea of how much it cost to ship things from the UK before I look at UK Ebay. Something like a 4 cyl head or complete 4 cyl motor. What's involved and what's a ballpark price?. Also if I do get something and they won't ship, is there some UK Hambers willing to pickup parts (within reasonable range of course).

Thanks for any info......

PS. If any of you guys know of some used Cosworth YB parts PM me.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Here is some data on Fordbarn in response to a question I asked about US to London. Enough to make me shop local for most things. I am sure a cylinder head or complete motor would be out of the question. What are you looking for, it might make sense to ship a duel temp gauge for a '32 but that is about it? http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140930

Charlie Stephens

3. We (Europeans) import stuff from the USA all the time so importing stuff from Europe to the US can't be to difficult, yes it's probably not cheap, but that is our problem too.

Hennie

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

With large heavy bulky items freight doesn't come cheap. I'm from downunder and use someone else for these items. We are a lot further away! Presumably there would be specialty businesses over your way that could do it for you for a modest fee. They would regularly bring in cars and/or parts for local market and your part wouldn't take up much room in a shipping container. Using them however may also take little longer.

5. inthweedz

inthweedz

As mgtstumpy says, get in touch with someone who imports from the UK.. Maybe they would have space for an engine or whatever in their container.. And it would be minimal cost for freight to you.. Many of us kiwi's do it all the time thru different hot rod shops that bring in containers from the USA..

6. Richard at Radir wheels ships stuff to his UK counterpart Russ Pepper at randrhotrodimports.co.uk. Very helpful people. I don't see why they can't do a return.
    Hope this helps.
    Charlie.

7. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

Aside from Russ & Richard it might be worth contacting Duksville http://www.duksville.co.uk/

At one time Paul from Duksville was bringing in lots of hot rod parts but he was also sending british bike parts to the US. I don't know if he still does so, but he may be able to help.

8. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

second russ and Richard,use the them all the time

9. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Russ & Richard are great to deal with.