Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Disk Brake kit for 1934 Ford stock I beam axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1933phaeton, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Hoping someone out there can assist me. I want to convert my 34 Tudor braking system to Disk front leaving drums on the rear. I also want to run original Ford 16 inch 1935 wire wheels 5 by 5.5inch pattern.

Does anyone supply a kit to make this set up work?

Your assistance is appreciated

David
    [email protected]

2. scotti32

scotti32

David, noted you are in Oz, have a talk to Rod Tech is SA, they should be able to help you out.

3. Thanks, I have sent them a message

4. Thanks 56Don. If I understand the advice from Speedway correctly, all I need to do is switch out my original spindles for the 37 up forged spindles and change steering arms.
    Quoting from Speedway's site
    "1. Easiest way to make everything work on your axle is to first install a set of our forged 28-48 spindles with the 37-48 bolt pattern for the backing plates or disc brackets and then the kit will go on without any problems. You will also need to get steering arms that will match your application requirements."

David

5. Pete and Jakes Has a nice kit.

6. birdman1

birdman1

I used the kit from Speedway on my '39 coupe, very easy to install and everything fits. I like to see a dual master cylinder also. so much safer. get one for a car or pickup that originally used front disc and drum rear. Power brake boosters are for babys.

7. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Pete & Jake's has what I feel is the best kit around. I've run them for years on my '34 coupe and they have performed flawlessly. I wish my Sedan had them!

8. As no one has asked, what is the rear end and what are the rear drums you speak of? It can have a bearing on your whole question.

Also, you are going to need support rings for the wire wheels. Another option is to get the wheel centres (bolt area) replaced with the same from a late model Ford. That way, you can get the whole set-up including new spindles bushed and ready to install with brakes from Rod-Tech. But, as I say, if your rear brakes are original, well, that's a whole other story.

People should not be afraid to divulge ALL the information about their cars when asking questions.

p.s. I would also question your desire for discs. Lincoln self energizing drums - available new - would be a very effective alternative while retaining the early bolt pattern (although you will still need the support rings for the 1935 wheels.)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  9. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Check withn Ralph at ECI in CT 860 872 7046. I'm sure he has what you need. Great guys too..............