Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 56 buick drop kit???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailheadjay, Jul 27, 2014.

1. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

just got a 56 super and of course i need to lower it.. no bags... who has kits or who done this... any input is helpful... thanx guys

2. missysdad1

missysdad1

DSC_0793.JPG Mid-'50s Buicks with the round wheel openings look best with the tires centered in the opinings...it's an elegant look as opposed to looking squashed or overloaded with too many fat chicks in the back seat. This can be accomplished with custom "lowering springs" from places such as Jamco Suspension.

http://jamcosuspension.com/home

You may hear a lot of crap about Jamco's customer service, but contact them and judge for yourself. They always treated me very well.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Try Fat Man Fabrications.

4. BJR

BJR

Cut the coils, start with one coil and go from there to get it as low as you want.

5. My only gripe with fat chicks in the back seat is that they should be sitting on my face....

6. 51 Super

51 Super
    from Iowa

Slam Specialties.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

thanx for the info... no fat chix...lol

8. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Eaton springs in Detroit can hook you up too. I used them on my 56.
    Cutting the coils wont work. They are pigtailed, so you would have to reform them on each end.

9. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Read this on an Oz forum...it's exactly what I'll be doing to my '56 Special...

"The rear springs from a 79 to 87 GM US midsize wagon will bolt into the Buick, and lower it about 3". Regular midsize passenger cars springs also fit, but give closer to 4" drop."

Jamco wants a stupid amount of money for custom springs. Not worth it in my opinion...I picked up both front and rear springs on Amazon, with taxes and free shipping it came to about $130...waiting on my back springs to come in, already received the front. I figure if they don't give me the drop I'm looking for I can just cut 'em...hit me up here if you'd like the part numbers...

~ RiotPirate

10. rowdyauto

rowdyauto

fatman dropped uprights

11. thecrazed(k)666

thecrazed(k)666

12. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

kool.. gonne get that 56 lookin mean in no time.. thanx guys