Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hurst tyres, have they gone ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, May 19, 2014.

1. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Telephone disconnected, email bouncing back, have they gone ???

2. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

When I talked to them in Febuary they were tearing down their equipment to move to a different facility and said it would be a few months before they were going again. I see their website is still up..... might just be taking longer than they thought.

I ended up buying some Towel Slicks and they look very nice.

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Wonder why the email is shut down ???

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I heard they were gone last week... However, I have not been able to confirm that...

5. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Contact Towel City Tires. Look them up. They have a website. I have only heard good things about there product.
    Jay

6. 73RR

73RR

There are a couple of guys on here that live in the Canby area, maybe they will sound off.

7. Oh man that stinks. I love my Hursts. Put 400 miles on my original set this weekend. Those tires have been ridden hard and still ride great with great performance.

8. jimstro16

jimstro16

Same here. Tried a few weeks ago to order a couple tires and finally gave up. Couldn't contact them in any way. I still need sneaks though so sooner they open back up, the better

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, I've been holding off as long as I can too. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna have to order out of Towel City just simply because I have a customer that is hot to trot...

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Usually, when companies move, they don't shut everything down. I kinda get the feeling the "moving" story may not be completely accurate. Better start looking for another source, Steve.

Don

BobMcD and 55gasserkid like this.
  11. Bummer if they're gone. I really like mine. 2000+ miles and great shape.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

They only do radials tho, and we are talking traditional cars here. This super sucks for me, because i cant find anything that fits the bill of what i want, and i was hoping they'd make me something custom

On anouther note, if they are gone, i'm interested in some of the tooling if i can possably swing it, I know nothing of the game, but i realize there are diehards like me that only want the most traditional of parts

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  13. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Yes I know and have bought from them but I always had good service from Cody so wanted to stay loyal.

14. burt21

burt21

Here in clackamas down the road from oregon city. Word around here is they are out of business but have not talked to them to confirm it but everone says they are closed.

15. models916

models916

Towel City is a great tire. Balanced tire from manufacturer, needs very little to balance on the wheel. Less than a week from phone call to my door. Rides like a radial should. You can run a radial on the rear and bias on the front without problems. The other way around, not so much!

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

They are no longer operating.

17. gofaster

gofaster
    from georgia

Another vote for Towel City tires. Just got a set for the 56 and couldn't be happier. Look great, ride good and they are a great bunch to work with.

18. You can get 4 ply nylon cheater slicks, Firestone brand, Made by coker. From Speedway

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, I just ordered 3 pairs of Towel City cheaters this morning! The killer has been shipping costs to the west, being that they are on the east coast, but Herb there arranged truck freight for me. I really can't wait to get the "Bucket of Ugly" back on it's rear Americans and looking like it was Intended.

I sure do hope Cody and Steve get back to business, as I liked them both very much and loved their product.....

carfreakjim and Old-Soul like this.
  20. I was also happy with their tires.

21. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Someone on the west coast needs to buy their molds and equipment.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I know some people hate the looks of the Firestone Dragster tires from Coker, but I like em. I had a set on my 23 and they wore like iron and I drove through pouring Florida downpours and weren't slippery at all, like my old M and H slicks were years ago.:eek:

I ran the 10 inchers on that car but am running 8 inchers on my rpu project car. I did find out at the Billetproof Drags that the 8 inchers don't bite worth a damn though.

Don

[​IMG]

23. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Nope, still out of business.

25. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

That sucks. Does anyone else make the skinny 16 inch cheater slicks for like 40 ford wheels and 35 wires?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang. I loved the Hurst product, and Steve and Cody are great guys and I very sincerely hope they get their stuff back up and running soon. But I ordered three pairs of re-cap cheaters from Towel City this last week, and they got here on Thursday. With two of the three pairs already mounted and driven on, I can say they are FANTASTIC!!! They are a very well made product, balanced with very minimal weight and look great! Oh, Peter Schmidt, they do have the taller skinnier pie crusts that you are looking for, too.

I just called my contact there Herb this morning to thank him... Not a call I often get to make in this world, but absolutely a happy day when I can.

27. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Peter, Towel City makes 8" tires for 16" rims.

Good to hear they pass inspection, better start saving my pennies.

28. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

If they only made bias ply

29. models916

models916

You CAN run a radial on the rear with bias on the front and not have a problem. The other way around and you have problems.

30. straight

straight
    from USA

Does anyone know why the closed?