Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 57 Canadian Pontiac SEDAN DELIVERY - ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipperman, Jul 16, 2014.

1. skipperman

skipperman

Groucho ... so is your AVATAR !!!!!! My wife and I ran away to get married in the SAME CAR ---SAME COLOR !!! Of course it was damn near 50 years ago ... :D Can't afford one o' dem now ....... !!!

Groucho likes this.
  2. X2!:cool:

3. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like the speedo is stuck on 100mph.

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Perfect candidate for a 4 speed

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Chevy floor mats have to go tho...needs Pontiacs...!!! What's interesting is the '57 Chev Bel Air steering wheel and the '57 Chevy 150 seat covers and door panels...looks like Canadian Pontiac used a lot of Chevy "left-overs" ...!!!

R-

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. belair

belair

I noticed the Chevy wheel and interior too. The speedo is really cool. BTW, I remembered that I have the interior dash pieces for the 57 Pontiac factory air if you are interested.

7. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

A pic that I came across some time back. DD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    kiwijeff likes this.
  8. 55chieftain

55chieftain

9. Great score! I would love to find a Pontiac that clean not to mention that rare!

10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That makes my pant fit all Funny!

That is so nice.

Got any storie on it? I the undertaker canadien? Or something even cooler?

11. skipperman

skipperman

Just faxed the info to see what her BIRTH CERTIFICATE is gonna' say ..... yee-Haaa !

12. Why is the side trim different from yours and the white one??

13. skipperman

skipperman

I THINK because it is a DELUXE ..... the 2271 in the VIN .... 1271 was sedan delivery so I'm ASSUMING 2271 is the deluxe thus the side trim ..... I'll find out probably tomorrow from GM Canada .......

14. I think they are rarer than the nomads but not as desirable. See a few around here, My dad had a 50 sd for work back in the day. Used it to play submarine in it when i was a kid

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Hi skipperman.Outstanding score.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. I had one here in Oz from about 1997 to about 2004, it was the only one in Oz apparently, one of 682 built in Canada, using the chev chassis, suspension & body.....I bought it from a place in Melbourne who imported it from Montana in the mid 1990's ....they had it for a couple of yrs and had trouble selling it as no one knew what it was.......I rang a guy in POCI in Florida and he shit himself when he found out there was one down here in Oz..........all the jewellery was poncho, and yep the fenders were 4" shorter, essentially chev fenders with poncho front. the upholstery was the same as that pictured, a salt & pepper type of vinyl, I found that all the suspension was chev and all the door, window and liftgate door seals and rubbers were chev. Mine needed restoration however it was complete apart from some engine bolt on bits, it didn't run and yep I miss it......sold it to a guy in Sydney who restores stainless moldings and was into 55-57 chevs........I found out later he was going to turn it into a Chev S/d which would have been a shame........will try to find some pics, it was light blue & white also.........Andy Douglas

17. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

18. 52lomofo

52lomofo

hers one i took last weekend but i think its a 55

19. 52lomofo

52lomofo

heres a 55 i think i took last weekend

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

I LIKE that "HATCH openin rear door! WISH my Merc ambulance had one insteada the sideways opener it's got -- ya open *my* door in a rainstorm and instantly, everythjings WET inside the rear :p Shelasticker 014.jpg MercGear 004.jpg

NICE find! :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  21. Contact Vintage Vehicle Services GM of Canada and they will for a fee send you the GM Documentation on that particular car telling you: original color, interior trim color, engine and trans, build date, ship date, original selling dealer, and how many were produced for sale in Canada of that model. It's worth spending the $50 or so.

22. Kinky6

Kinky6

Rusty, I don't want to take this thread too far off of this rare Poncho, but I have to say that every 261" that I've seen still in the original vehicle has been in a Chevy truck, 3/4 ton or 1 ton, school bus or whatever. I've known about the use of 261's in Canadian Pontiacs from the Inliners website and other sources, but it is not a GMC truck engine. It is so closely related to the 235" that the late 235 ***848 casting head is a common replacement for the 261" ***850 head, as a means of picking up about a 1/2 point of compression. The only other difference between the two parts is the need for the steam hole ( between # 3 and 4 cylinders ) in the 261 block needs to be drilled in the 235 head. Many other internal and external parts interchange on these two engines.

The GMC engines, 228, 236, 248, 256, 270, and 302" looked similar to the Chevy six, but the block was about two inches longer than the 235/261 block. I've owned a 216, 235, 261, and a couple of GMC 302's, so I've gotten an up close look at the differences.

Now returning to the ongoing Pontiac discussion. :cool:

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's a local '56 Canadian Pontiac Delivery...friend has owned it for several years now...has a 6 in it.

R- IMG_4204.JPG

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  24. Super rare North or South of the Border!
    So what are your future plans for it? Leave as is or hot rod it?
    Either way, you know chances are when you pull into a car show, you'll have the only one!

25. WQ59B

WQ59B

Was Ed's car, yes? I looked at it in the early spring this year, it was near E-town at a friend of his then. Can't be 2 in Jersey the same condition/color. Agree with your take on the condition- it's in great shape.

26. skipperman

skipperman

"Was Ed's car, yes? I looked at it in the early spring this year, it was near E-town at a friend of his then. Can't be 2 in Jersey the same condition/color. Agree with your take on the condition- it's in great shape."

YEP ....... have the documentation by about noon today ----:D

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Incredible machine

28. skipperman

skipperman

Yep ... real deal .... born on July 17th 1957....shipped to Snelgrove Motors Ltd. Hamilton,ON. -- Larkspur Blue with the Charcoal/Gray interior ......... 261 Six cylinder ..... ( and it MATCHES the numbers ! ) 3 speed stick. Full bench seat and heavy duty suspension. It is the 870th one built ... 857 for Canada and 40 for export so now anyone knows JUST how many were ever built.... as per George Zapora GM Canada archives ..... Pretty damn RARE !!

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. Are you going to buy it or have you already? If not, I'd be goin after it. Its way cool, very nice and rare!!. Rare or not, its cool enough to want it. Tim

30. skipperman

skipperman

HAVE IT .............. :D