Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I've been waiting for this moment all my life. Huge Barn Find. In a actual Barn!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I decided to post this as "inspiration" hopefully it will inspire a few of you to get out and hit the back roads.

anyways here is the scoop....

Last week I got a call asking if I wanted some "free" banjo rear ends. Of course I did! So out I went
    and got the parts. I figured that was my great score of the month...I was wrong....

The next day I hear about a "hoard" of model A bits. I went and investigated. Sure enough. story is true....This is the stuff dreams are made of.....Ever since I was a little kid I dreamed of being a Hot Rodder, Scouring the country side in search of forgotten automobiles. I was able to negotiate a deal last week for a barn full of model A bits with a few V8 and T parts thrown in. I have been loading up and trucking ever since. This is by far the biggest stash of parts I have ever purchased.

Plans are to sort it. Inventory. Keep a few choice bits and sell off the rest. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. so that's where all the 28/29 pickup doors went! including the ones on the cab , i think i see 6 total

3. Thats why the F-1 took so long to sell, because this deal was not ready yet. Everything happens for a reason.

That white/orangish rearend in the 2nd pic from the bottom is a 33-34. I may be interested in it.

Tomkat39 likes this.
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a "mother lode". Congrats!

5. 296ardun

296ardun

CONGRATULATIONS! What a find! I would bet there are lots of folks on this site drooling over the prospects of buying some really rare stuff!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

Sell it off? Are you 80 years old? Don't you think you'll build any more cars in your lifetime? I can GUARANTEE that in the future you will need some of those parts you sell. :)

Hitchhiker likes this.
  7. That's the first thing I thought!

I have 7 actually, and cabs for them all!

Totally, If the F-1 sold three months ago, I would have done something stupid like buy a 75 camaro...

Guy told me it was a 32. I knew it was early. but don't know them well enough beyond that. You honestly shouldn't have told me it was a 33-34. I've been wanting a 33-34 tudor and now I have the entire suspension....but that's just a pipe dream....of course if you need it, you know it's yours.

Thanks!

8. pitman

pitman

Ohhhh Maaaaaan!
    'Least you could have warned us!

9. Great collection of parts! Those doors are definitely a high demand part, even without the cabs.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  10. Great score,congratulations. HRP

Hitchhiker likes this.
  11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very cool! I've enjoyed seeing you post photos of all this stuff on Instagram, too. Good luck getting it all sorted and stashed/sold.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"...Guy told me it was a 32..."
    It doesn't have driveshaft and tube, and so could very well be late '32 as well as '33-4...about the last 2 months of '32 production used same rear as '33, just with a shorter shaft and tube. Find the torque tube in there, then you'll know what your next build is!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  13. Well, I just can't keep it all. It's a lot of stuff. I want to keep it all, believe me.... But this is also the type of score that will get me out of my little 500 sq foot shop and into something bigger.

I'm literally going to be stacking things to my fence line and beg, borrow, and stealing some space elsewhere. While in the grand scheme of things, the amount I spent is not alot. It's still more than I can afford to not have liquid at this moment in my life. I'm still young, I got kicked out at 16 years old, and have been financially responsible for myself ever since. Self-employed for the last 6 years.(just turned 31) I'm not the smartest man out there. But what I have is mine. I know what I want and how to get there. In the future, I would like to buy more stuff like this, In order to do that, I need to make some good moves. This is one of them.

With all that being said. I am keeping all the juice brake parts, the solid wheels, the v8 rears, maybe a frame or two.
    basically I am going to sell off all the large bits and keep a reasonable amount of small stuff.. I know I'll regret selling every piece. But luckily it's model A stuff and they made lots of it. If this was all 32 stuff, believe me I'de be keeping it.

thanks for trying to talk some sense into me, I do see where you are coming from.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Malcolm likes this.
  14. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Congrats! And thank goodness someone didn't scrap any of it!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DPeople like you are the reason that the word DISGUSTING was invented:p:p.
    You lucky rascal.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Hitchhiker likes this.
  16. 117harv

117harv

Good for you, thanks for sharing the pics of early Ford gold.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  17. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

That's a great day in a man's life! Congrats!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  18. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice score! Guess I need to drive around more.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  19. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

whats the story on the 66 GTO/LeMans in the background?

20. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Scoooooooooore! Awesome find and pics bro, sounds like the right guy got them and will pass the bits on that you don't use, to other people that need them, Congrats.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  21. Congrats!- glad the right guy got this stash and will handle it responsibly- let us know when you have it sorted out and ready for sale

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Every Hot Rodders dream.Awesome.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  23. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Nice man!

Hitchhiker likes this.
  24. Well said. Was this the stuff on Seattle craigslist for a short time. An employee of mine raved about it but said the guy only wanted to sell it as a lot. Congrats on the score. I might be PMing you about some doors soon.

25. 270ci

270ci

Wow, super score. How much you want for the Weber?

Hitchhiker likes this.
  26. scotts52

scotts52

If there's a 26/27 roadster deck lid in there I'd be interested.

27. Good score. so nice to hear of finds like this instead of what's gone to the crusher. Cheers for sharing your pics. JW:)

Hitchhiker likes this.
  28. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Jesus.H.Christ some fellas get all the breaks, nice score.

Scotty

Hitchhiker likes this.
  29. mike bowling

mike bowling

Nice; and don't worry about where to put it all, you can always sell the dining room furniture and have Thanksgiving in the GARAGE. Nice score! I'm happy for ya! Mike

Hitchhiker and Dave50 like this.
  30. Great score! Might have to send you a shopping list :)

Hitchhiker likes this.