Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Make sure your fuel delivery to the carb is sufficient at speed...

2. Danny, Rockvale (?) is just west of the strip, but no motels there, only about 2 dozen houses, maybe you were thinkin Rochelle.?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  3. You know, we're barely a week from go time, so y'all probably ought to start warming up the shifting arms with some Patten Pending "Eric Koopenflinger Super Fantastic Synergenic Shift Arm" excercises. :)

beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  4. Saxxon

Saxxon

Is that anything like a Shake Weight with the optional cooling spray and taxi fair dispensed at the conclusion of the session ??

5. Well sort of, have you seen the incriminating video, of Eric's pre-run shifting excercises?, word is George Hurst himself shared this top secret gem-o-pearl of wisdom with Koops great great twice removed granddads second cousins brothers, sisters, step child, and its been handed down for generations. The word is, that most of, if not all the family isn't speaking to Eric, because he put this top secret family heirloom "shift-a-size" video on YouTube for ALLLLLLLLLL the WORLD to SEEEEE! Now, he has no peace with the family, and he's constantly being harassed by the paparazzi like Britney Spears when she shaved her head. I really feel for the guy, people that spread this information around, should be ashamed of themselves! :)

II FUNNY likes this.
  6. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

I hope that Koop has been working on those shifting exercises as I have been counting down the days to the Meltdown. He is going to need to make perfect shifts to avoid admiring the lettering on my trunk!

Time for Falfa to get Okie Doked by the Famoso Mob.

7. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Dam....I am laughing out loud.....The secret is out.....now I will need to be more careful when getting ready to row the 833.....LOL....Ric - you crack me up man....LMFAO. Havent been on here busy bee......but we are READY for the hoardes.......amazing weather, amazing cars, and amazing people.....locked and loaded!
    - Koop -

8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Guys FYI this Friday the FINAL Information letter with more details will be emailed out....PLEASE read and print anything you need.....we are nearing 500....yes that is right 500 cars.....so please know what lane you will be racing in.....Starting 2pm Saturday Official Class Match Races start....so make sure you have your match picked and know your lane.....spectators and hot rodders dont love watching a pickup run a rail because they didnt know their lane...LOL
    Also 12 Altered Wheelbase cars registered.....FX & A F/X will be AMAZING.......Silver Bullet and Original Candies and Hughes 65 Plymouth AWB (thanks brian) will be onsite the C&H Jakes Speed Shop car wants to run in A/FX......COOOOL!!!

9. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

10. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

If not going to race, Can I camp by my car in the show car area?

Blue

11. Blue,...in case no one answers, I think the camping area is rite behind the show car area this year, so that mite answer your ?

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The South is almost ready Donovan and I have had our engines on the dyno for the last 2 day's didn't find anything new, but found out we had enough for the North just like we are. There's 8 cars snorting and slobbering in the stables ready to head North. It's going to be head's up and there ain't going to be an index or brake out to save y'all. Let's see who's still standing at sundown.

II FUNNY likes this.
  13. Lane assignments:
    LANE 1 – Stock Cars & Bike

LANE 2 – Hot Rod – street rods, hot rods

LANE 3 – Hot Rod – trucks, rat rods,

LANE 4 – Hot Rod – 50’s & 60’s cars

LANE 5 – Hot Rod – 50’s & 60’s cars

LANE 6 – F/X & A/FX (awb cars, straight axle falcons, nova’s, comets,

cyclone, Fairlane etc )

LANE 7 – F/X & A/FX (awb cars, straight axle falcons, nova’s, comets,

cyclone, Fairlane etc )

LANE 8 – Super Stock

LANE 9 – Super Stock

LANE 10 – Vintage Rail & Altered

LANE 11 – Vintage Rail & Altered

LANE 12 – A/Gas 5.00 – 10.50

LANE 13 – B/Gas 10.50 – 11.50

LANE 14 – C/Gas 11.50 – 12.50

LANE 15 – D/Gas 12.50 – 13.50

LANE 16 – E/Gas 13.50 – and up.

LANE 17 – Exhibition rails & Club Racing

NGRA vs GLG, N vs S

14. Should be ready to go back in tomorrow should be back on the road this weekend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

beebee78 likes this.
  15. Ok, that's enough! The WD40 can is whispering to me, I just saw a Philips screw driver inch worm crawling across the garage floor, one of the 56's head lights just winked at me, and my 9/16 end wrench just asked if I've seen his nuts! Oh and I can't stop humming the mission impossible song to myself. Time to go to bed, and recharge my brain.

beebee78, loudbang and Quain Stott like this.
  16. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Looking good Stokedstang...can't wait to see that coupe run

17. Whatta ya got left on the car to do?

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This is kool I can have a classification for my car other than just big ugly car.

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

Haha!:)

Just deciding if I'm brave enough to go up one class or not....If I can just get it to leave right and not wallow like a fat man at the beach I will be ok...lol

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. 1. Put the front spring in for the tenth time (working on ride height/shock travel.
    2. Mount the altenator
    3. Put the radiator back in
    4. Bleed the brakes (new Wilwood's up front)
    5. Fab throttle linkage
    6. Bleed throw out bearing once more & adjust pedal stop
    7. Patch panel for the trans tunnel
    8. Align front end
    9. New line lock switch
    10. Test drive & adjust brake bias valve
    11. Drag it and our tired butts to Byron Illinois
    12. Show you and Sinister Stude how quickly a pair of '56 Chevy tail lights can get small! :)

loudbang, Buckman and II FUNNY like this.
  21. Well... What the heck ya bean doin?Sounds like ya got about 16 1/2 minutes worth the work to get it done!!! Get offa this typewriter and get out in the shop!

22. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Just curious, would my car (the one in my avatar) be in Gas classes or A/FX? Or is it up to me to decide what class? Wasn't sure how this was to be handled. I'm sure the A/FXers will be way faster than mine...

23. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

You would be FX...most of these cars would have ran as match bash or FX XS UL before becoming gassers as long as they were not altered (many ran stock wheelbases)once the funny car deal left the door slammers behind, (match racing equals $$$ Gas classes didn't pay as well if at all)so we try to keep the 60's axle cars seperate from the 30's 40's and 50's cars...there will be FX cars from 10's to 14+ E.T's...there is a lot more to what was and wasn't an FX car, but for the fans it is more correct appearing for the 1966 cutoff.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Bull

Bull

Anyone got any Powerglide parts laying around? The Scavengers Car Club is in desperate need of a drum for a Powerglide for the Rude Stewed so we can make the Meltdown Drags next week. Unfortunately our tranny guy is having difficulty locating one.

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bull if you are looking for stock P/G drum I have them.

26. 62Furious

62Furious

5days till go time and you are looking for tranny parts, NO SLEEP for you best of luck

27. Can't believe that in 5 days, my two brothers and one of my boys get to set out across the country on a racing road trip the likes of which I used to dream about while playing with my Hot Wheels. Had you guys not dared me to drag that ole child out your way, it'd probably still be apart, and I'd spend next weekend lamenting missing another great event. Although we're not bringing as much "fire power" as we had hoped, we won't be "Yesterdays (Step) Child" either. (can't believe none of you guys capitalized on that little gem, yer gonna have to step up yer smack talk game) Anyway, the road thus far has been a riot, so I can't even imagine what next week will have in store for us, and to say we are as "giddy as school girls" to come play in ya'll's sand box, would be a huge understatement! Thanks everyone for putting up with my nonsense, and letting me be me. This thread has been a breath of fresh air for me smack in the middle of life. I turn 50 on Aug. 12th and were renting a cool little Italian Restaurant for the night, I sure wish I could invite all you crazy SOB's, and I haven't even met ya'll yet. If this event is half of what I expect it to be, I'm pretty sure we have found our once a year, cannot miss, "National Event". Sincerely Ric Panneton.

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

OK Ric that was a little sappy but hope your trip is a safe one.
    La Hotrod update engine should be in the tow rig in 15 min then its on to the tranny.

29. Saltflats, it was a test, to see who would bust my chops first, and you took the bait first, so I'm putting your "Barger" on the trailer first! NOW WHO ELSE WANTS IT!?!?!?!?

30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Don't think I will be a threat unless you miss all the gears but give me a few years if drag racing is still legal I am going to give all of you a good lesson in what drag racing is all about.