Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBers is SD?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Potter, Nov 22, 2007.

1. From Pierre? :eek: That explains it!:D

2. 61bone

61bone

Now just what was or is wrong with Pierre? In the 60s, we had a strip, rodding was alive and well, you could get a cold one anywhere and the fuzz didnt hassle you all that much. Remember Andys 32 flat roadster,deans sbf 23 roadster, toms raked and shaved 40 coupe,merls 318 Valiant, claytons 348 56, bones 327 55 gasser, Dudleys chopped sectioned shortened 48 chev (stolen and never recovered but was reported seen in Rapid)Howards 53 chebbie lowered with a split 6 and a dozen others. A trip the recently shows that thing haven't changed much except the cold ones and the fuzz. Rodding is still alive and well and the strip there is super.

3. The new strip is top notch, I give you that one. Only problem..........its in fucking Pierre!:D:eek:;):p

4. Come on Trent, you don't like Sioux Falls, Pierre or Mitchell. Is there any other part of SD that you like? You are sounding like a Black Hills SNOB!!!!

5. Well, I try:D But I do like Brookings, Watertown, and your area North of Soofoo.

Wait a freaking minute..................YOU are the one that would like to move out HERE!?!?!?!:rolleyes:;) BTW, we were 50s-60s today. Stopped by baumbergers home shop, he is working on another 46 Coupe, even saw Gene when he stopped by.

6. And we gotta work the West River angle, to many SiouxFalls egos too conteract. Trust me, remember I worked for KELO, they think the sun rises and sets in SF in Doug Lunds ass..............It would set in Hemmingsons but it would never find its way out:eek:

7. Did you know I bought two lots (3+ acres) outside of Whitewood a year and a half ago? I am trying to sell one, maybe both so I can buy some land in Prescott, AZ so I can be closer to Cali for all the stuff that I like out there and in warmer weather too....I'm getting sick of the cold big time, and I want to drive hot rods all year. Do you have any snow or is it still pretty dry out there?

8. Well shit NO! Whitewood, too close to the snow. I got dust. Hot Springs is the place, ask Owen. The next big retirement mecca. Dry, warm, cool vintage town.

Hate to see you move West. As a proud Scottish/Norwegian I have no sympathy for your lack of manliness in the cold;)

Call you some time and save bandwidth here. happy New Year!

9. 18n57

18n57

Roll call....................Here.

Virg's brother...........HAHAAAHAAA:)

10. Hot Springs got way too hot last year when about 5000 acres burned up down there. My land in Whitewood is in the trees and I am scared of seeing my old Fords in a melted puddle someday if I build there. And Trent, if you were that manly you wouldn't have escaped from your native Minnesota cold to move to the banana belt!!:):):)

Eastern SD Hambers: Anybody coming to the Racers Swap Meet at the EXPO Building at the Fairgrounds this Saturday/Sunday??? Not much for old car stuff but once in a while you will find a gem amongst the wreckage the roundy round racers drag to the swap meet.

11. Dont know what you have heard but I am born and bred South Dakota Native!:cool:

12. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

I might make it Sunday....I have meetings all day Saturday:mad:

13. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

OUCH!!!! Watch it Steve...I have Photoshop! :D

14. ccnova

ccnova

Another one from South Dakota here. Born and raised in Kimball but been in Mitchell for the last 23 years. My son and I will be at the swap meet tomorrow. Been kind of a tradition for the last 4 years. We leave early look around till noon or so then go eat and come back and look some more. Kind of a father- son thing that I look forward to each year.
    ccnova

15. Big Dad

Big Dad

I miss the Expo swap meet :(
    has to be a blizzard in the forecast .. 1996 was the best year ever
    ..Taco Villa worked out real well for me that(Saturday) night :D

16. That Taco (Tractor) Villa stop is what you needed to get warmed up (or did you find something better to warm you up that night?) after waiting to get in to the swap meet in the morning when its about 10 degrees and the wind is blowing about 20 mph from the northwest!!

17. Hmmm dated a girl from Kimball in college;)

18. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

OHHHH......please tell me more!!!!!! :D

19. Big Dad

Big Dad

bumped into some old heifer from Dells
    went to bed at 2 with a ten and woke up at 10 with a 2

20. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

any of you fellow south dakota boys know where i could look to find a pair of 27 model t coupe doors?

21. Yes.

22. sodakmini

sodakmini

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404263503.879538.jpg
    I'm a young guy from Pierre. Here's my 64' StarChief. Trying to stay as trad. Ask can. Here are a couple other local rigs from a cruise night I put on.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404263610.484320.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404263642.112630.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404263769.161835.jpg

Attached Files:

sko_ford likes this.
  23. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

Im from Sturgis but I just moved to Black Hawk,SD but haven't got mine done to even drive it to a car show. Not very many people hear to show me how everything is done so I am all on my own.

24. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

Here darn spell check

25. Just another one here in the Black Hills, been playing with hot rods since i was in 8th grade. Wish i would have save some of the toys i invested in over the years. Oh well working on 2 different one right now. Love the feeling when your building and then comes that day when you get to turn the key and make the first cruise, OH YA!