Register now to get rid of these ads!

Front axle ID help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KnuckleDragger, Jan 7, 2006.

1. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

I found these 3 axles this morning while scrounging around for anything useful. Can any one help ID them and possibly what year they are from? Thank you for any help you can give.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also I found some old spoke rims and a coke machine, sorry the pictures are not the greatest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]..

Jonney

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Does the third one down have juice brakes? If so it is 39-48 Ford, best part of the find. Last one looks to be Model A Ford.

3. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

I appreciate your help with the axle ID.. I dont know what differences each axle has or what brand used what style.. Any clue on the first axle? I was think it looked like a equipment axle or heavy duty truck axle? Thanks again.

Jonney

4. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I think the fist one is chev. or plymouth due to the parallel springs

5. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

thanks I appreciate it, do you know what year it might be? Is is worth anything?

Jonney

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

1 unknown to me.

2 37 to 41 ford

3 28 to 31 ford

7. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Thanks again for the help. Are the two ford axles worthi picking up? Or are these a less sought after axles? I appreciate your help.

Jonney

8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The 37-40 axle would be worth picking up just for the spindles. That's what used on most Ford Rods.

9. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Thank you, I need all the help I can get..

Jonney

10. That Coke machine is a desireable item. Worth more than any of the axles to the right person.

The 37-41 axle is worth taking:

If the spindles are in good condition they are worth $125 (current eBay average).

If the wheels are solid they typically sell for $35-50 each. (Ford 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern. 15" or 16" diamiter.)

Even if the brake drums are shot the hubs will fetch $50. If the drums are good $100.

Solid backing plates with hardware are worth $100. But the ones in the picture may be to badly rusted to fetch top dollar.

A premium 37-41 axle is worth $35-$50. A solid Model A axle is worth a little more. Again, the ones in the pictures may be to rusted to attract much intrest.

11. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Thank you that helps me out a lot.. I already got the two ford axles and hardware, I will try and get the coke machine. Thank you again for the help..

Jonney

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Get C-Word to put up a pic of his Coke Machine. I've been trying to find a good one to make a trailer out of for years, but I'm too broke for todays collector market.

13. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

If they dont want much for it I would gladly pas it onto you.. Dont know how you would get it though.. I doubt I could ship it around here, there is no frieght drop off.

Jonney