Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomCars, May 19, 2014.

1. mike bowling

mike bowling

Find some old buzzards (like me ) in your area and let them know what you're trying to do.You'd be surprised what people have tucked away from old projects and for future dreams.I'm friends with a guy who's about 20 years younger than me who's trying to piece together a roadster.I try to donate what I can to the project, and steer him into "deals" with friends of mine because I really dig his enthusiasm and the fact he is willing to work with whatever shows up( and is grateful for the help) I want to see him do this and drive it and have a ball in it. That little coupe is totally bitchin' by the way!(And I like the Ford- hell I just like old cars!!) Good luck- keep all the Hambers up to speed on your progress. Mike from Mass.

patmanta likes this.
  2. wex65

wex65
    from WV

I TOTALLY agree...

When I was about 15 or so I saw a guy building a 32 coupe. Didnt even know what it was back then (late 70s/early 80s in the UK in south London) but he took me under his wing and let me help him on the build, intiially menial things but I graduated to more accomplished tasks and when the car was finished he took me for a spin in it. I was hooked...totally hooked.

Through his contacts he found me a pillarless 66 Impala complete with 396, my first 'yank' as we called them, at the tender age of 16.

His name was Guy Gubbins and sadly he passed a few years ago before I got a chane to tell him how that summer shaped my passion for cars.

Cool thread, nice to hear there will be like minded people 50 years from now.

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

4. longstory1948gmc

longstory1948gmc
    from n Illinois

I am currently 15 and am building a 1948 gmc 5 window with all my money. I am doing a s10 chassis swap, full body resto, and have a 383 stroker my dad built in the 90s i m dropping in it. All money I saved and from flipping cars.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

6. hotrodnick

hotrodnick

It's cool to see that I'am not the only young hot rod and kustom fan (I'am only 13 years old)

7. hotrodnick

hotrodnick

By the way at my school they call me elvis

8. 1953naegle

1953naegle

Nice car! I was also a lone-hotroder at my school. I have some friends interested in em but noone has actually bought or built anything older than the 70's. On the one hand it's neat to be original, on the other I hope that in years to come the car's don't disappear for lack of interest in this generation. My kids are gonna need rust-buckets to restore!
    Sounds like what you are to Flat-heads and Fords, I am to GM Inline Valve-overs. lol

9. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

10. I too was a lone hot rodder in my school, heck my graduation party theme was 50's soc hop and the car club I belonged to all brought their cars needless to say I stayed outside and talked to the guys. Everyone one of my classmates hated the theme, I thought I had gone to heaven. Now I am working on having my car done for my 25 year reunion(2015)

11. TheLastRebel95

TheLastRebel95

I'm in your same position man (me being eighteen) most of the kids at my school knew me as the guy that loved old cars also, (but also as the guy that loved 50s rock n roll and country, haha) I could never talk to my friends about any car older than 1969, they didn't know anything older than that haha so any car discussion didn't go very far. They would talk about Camaros and I'd try to talk about deuce coupes and flatheads, but they had no idea what I was talking about. It's definitely good to see another guy around my age that loves old cars.

12. KEEP AT IT BOYS, and don't let the dried up dust farting corpses on here tell you any different!!!!!

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thanks guys! I'll in my 53 Ford at the Back to the 50's if you see me say hi!

14. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Just plain cool. Your enthusiasm is inspirational. It's GREAT to have you here.

15. Blacktop VooDoo

Blacktop VooDoo

To all the young guns---we are glad to welcome you aboard!! Keep it up!

16. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

17. CruZer

CruZer

You are not alone. Look up "sjrodder" from Vermont. He's a young guy who built a Model A coupe with a hopped up Olds in it. I have a picture of him with it,but I can't find it.He eats,sleeps, and breathes traditional hotrods.