Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Lebanon Valley Dragway "nostalgia" drags?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Deyomatic, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Looks like this Sunday is what I assumed was a Nostalgia day at LVD, but I just saw the flier on their facebook page and the cutoff for the show is '82 and for racing is '93...is this even worth going to? I'd planned it for awhile, but I don't want to drive an hour and a half to a "nostalgia drags" event to watch a bunch of '80s Camaros and Mustangs battle it out down the track.
    Can anyone who has been there comment? I would be comparing this to New England Dragway's events.

2. wahoo

wahoo

I have never been to this show, but the Dover Dragstrip Reunion @ Lebanon is always worth going to. They usually have a gasser club attend and some old funny cars. They also have a good car show in the parking lot that day.

3. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

We went to the show last fall.
    They have one show in the spring and one in the fall.
    My guess, 300 cars at the show, About 50 vendors? Plus drag racing.
    We had a good time! If the weather is good always a good turnout!
    We are planning on going this Sunday.
    Always a nice ride from Connecticut thru the country to the valley!

4. There is a 6th Annual Nostalgia Drags & Car show scheduled for Aug. 9&10 that I am planning on attending with members of Gasser Racing Series from the Buffalo, N.Y. area. Is this the event you are talking about?

5. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Went to the "Valley" today...Its a little over a two hr run [through the back] for me...Worth the ten bucks to get in...Hell of an assortment of show cars and a like wise assortment of cars running..I hope some one took pics and will post them....

7. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

What's the difference of seeing a bunch of 80's camaros and mustangs run than seeing a bunch of 'old' cars that have modern wheels, paint jobs, hood scoops, etc. there are many races billed as 'nostalgia' races but the cars do not reflect it. I would just assume watch 80's cars racing at a nostalgia event if most of the cars there reflect a 'modern' feel. I'm not saying that this was the case at this race, but I've seen a lot of races this way. When I think nostalgia, I think of cars actually looking like they came from the past.