Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 chevy gasser, 427ci.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by help-me-honda, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Awesome !! We just picked up a 50 Coupe in Oklahoma last month for a club project. Plans are for a BBC and 4speed drag car. Hopefully we'll get a chance to put em on the line together after we get ours going.

2. OldColt

OldColt

50 Chevy Coupe, Rat motor, Gasser ... what's not to like here.
    Can't wait to see it all come together. :)

Subscribed

--- Steve ---

3. PandorasBox99

PandorasBox99

molely holely!!!! well you know what I meant! thats what im talkn about!

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

YES, YES, YES!!! How about a couple pics of the front suspension? My nephew has a 51 Bus Coupe I gave him. We've gone with the street gasser look by blocking up the stock front end 2 inches, and overload shocks in the rear, along with big and little Cragers/tires; mild 350, one of my built Glides with a 2500 stall converter, and a 56', 4.88 Positraction rear end. Still needs body and paint work, and finishing the interior, but it's a blast the way it is. Gets LOTS of looks; that's right, hide the women and children. But, it's still not anywhere near your car! Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. help-me-honda

help-me-honda

Butch, The front end on this car was blocked up like that in the early 60's, If I had a scanner I would send a picture. Hope you and your nephew have some fun with it.

Attached Files:

6. help-me-honda

help-me-honda

DSC01508.JPG Haven't posted in awhile here's an update on the 50 Chevy. Headed to the muffler shop Tuesday. The old headers were the 4 flange style so had to make some block off plates. Got some 20" turbo chambered exhaust mufflers from BSM, hope to get out and have some fun this summer.

Attached Files:

7. Great taste you have there, NICE!!!

8. One question help-me-honda, where did you get those big block headers? I need to get a pair & those look perfect! Thank you!

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

What he said!

10. help-me-honda

help-me-honda

Those are the headers that were on the car back in the seventies. I was told that the 4 hole flange headers were not made since then. I tried to find the 4 hole block off plates but none were available. Thanks Gary

11. Just outstanding. LOVE THAT MACHINE!!!!!!

12. loudbang

loudbang

Really awesome machine you have built it looks GOOD.

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Might take a look at Patriot Tri Five Chevy BBC headers. They are a pretty generic fit, and very inexpensive. Used them on my Falcon, and they worked out great. $220.
    [​IMG]

14. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Dude that is bitchin! Everything about that car says 1970, great job keepin it period correct. You gonna make it to the hamb drags?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

16. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee