Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UPDATED my 1959 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Feb 24, 2013.

1. So I won the senior award for best vehicle in my yearbook, I'll be getting my picture taken sometime this week. I haven't updated this in awhile, I've since been working for 'A Rodder' at his truck and trailer shop, the electric race car I've been building at school is almost done and I'll be test driving it in the morning. And tonight after work my truck was leaking antifreeze, thought no biggie and drove to car club meeting and it blew through a pinhole in the freeze plug, thanks to 'NEWFISHER' and 'Anythinggm' we got it fixed in the parking lot at the pizza parlor lol

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and fauj like this.
  2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Congrats on the Best Vehicle award! No doubt that pissed off a few Tuners but who cares? As for the freeze plug, its just one of those rituals that most of us go through, part of being hot rod guys. In my case it was usually behind the starter or an engine mount, it was winter and cold as hell.
    Any more ideas on "improving" your truck?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Congrats on the award and the new job!

4. shadams

shadams

Good job man, congrats...

5. IMG_20140510_082112.jpg So this past weekend I put my truck in a local car show with Justin and his Fairlane and Hailees Aunt, Uncle and cousin and their cars. Then we had our senior prom in the evening.
    IMG_20140510_082053.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. shadams

shadams

Nice pics man, btw, what are ya'll doing wearing Cowboy boots, thats only allowed here in Texas....o_O

7. Oh my gracious, are you really a senior already? Where has the time gone? Just yesterday you were a 12 year old just joining the HAMB and here you are all ready to head into the world! ;) Congrats!!!!

Truck's looking great!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

chryslerfan55 and OahuEli like this.
  8. Gotta love cowboy boots! :) and yeah I graduate in like 3 days..pretty crazy. getting a second job here soon. Also the car shows are starting up, going to a local one tomorrow!

9. tguptill

tguptill
    from Maine

Congrats on the graduation. Truck is looking good!

10. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Congrats on graduating brother ! Truck looks killer as well, good pics

11. Well not much to update, I had an appointment made at the tire center next door to have my truck
    aligned but they come up with a 'list' of things that needed fixed before they could do it..needless to say most of it was bs, so I had cousin Eric set the toe on it. We figured out my tires were toed out a inch and a half..that's fixed now! Bummer is I need to order two new front tires from driving it like that for so long.
    I'm working full time now at Joes, today is my 18th birthday!
    Also the last car show and cruise I went to was a blast, the truck performed well in the 800+ car cruise with stop n go.
    cruisin1.jpg
    10431896_384719748333970_95942772_n.jpg

chryslerfan55, fauj and Old-Soul like this.
  12. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Happy birthday Jon!

13. n847

n847

Congratulations and happy birthday!

14. IMAG0218.jpg IMAG0349.jpg Quite alot to update! Still daily driving. I did a car show last weekend and won best Daily driver and got an award, couple weeks before that I got some new tires on the front which look OK'. The other day I had a couple freeze plugs go bad so I spent yesterday and today replacing all of them that I could. I've also been chasing some wiring problems, the ignition control module went bad two weeks ago, so I got a new one and it was fine and then last monday it went bad again so I bought a new one and so far it's still working..

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Congrats on the trophy, Jon! I like that last pic too, using a truck for what its supposed to do.

16. Yeah I've been hauling alot of stuff. This was a old wheelchair ramp my grandma tore down, couple weeks ago she had me haul a recliner chair for her haha

17. Damn, you nearly all growed up, and the trucks lookin great. Whats next? You still doin any scale buildin?

18. Not sure what's next, got a few projects in the horizon which I'd like to do for Hailee but we are trying to move out this month.

19. verde742

verde742

Boy, I love the way yer truck sets, If my yellow and white looked like that, I would keep it,
    Happy Birthday !!
    It is FOR SALE here on the H.A.M.B.

(what front end does yours have?)

20. volare clip

21. verde742

verde742

thanks, worked backwards thru the pages, caught up now.. :)

22. I wish you two all the best for the future, im sure you will do some cool shit.

23. Haven't updated in quite awhile (hard to navigate) but I'm still daily driving the truck, I got a new to me seat that was 100x better than my old worn out seat. I'm slowly putting the miles on it, it's amazing how much better it runs on the highways than through stop n' go through town!

IMAG0833.jpg

24. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Love your truck young hotroder!...got to love a girl that looks so happy sittin in or leanin on an old ford!.....you've got two good catches there!

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Its kinda surprising how changing just the seat can make the truck so much better to drive huh?
    Its also good to hear that you're getting lots of wheel time. Makes all those days, weeks, months etc putting the truck together worth it. Been there so many times but I never get over the thrill of seeing a road in front of my hood instead of the work bench, and looking forward to the next truck project.

26. Got another upgrade that makes the truck ride and look waaay better! I bought all four of these Road Sport S/R radial whitewalls from A Rodder, he gave me a bitchen deal on these and they are basically new. The rears are 255/70/15 and the fronts are 225/70/15. The rears are nice and wide and fill the wheel well up good, and it now has a nice rake.

IMAG0856.jpg IMAG0859.jpg IMAG0861.jpg IMAG0874.jpg IMAG0860.jpg IMAG0862.jpg

chryslerfan55, fauj and drdave like this.
  27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looks good Jon!

28. shadams

shadams

Very cool man, thats the same rear tire size I have, love the way the fill the well...my fronts are a little smaller though...coming along nice man, keep it up...