Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 42 plymouth tie rod ends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragonknucks, Jun 16, 2014.

1. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Might be a stupid question, but here it goes... are all the tie rod ends different on a 42 plymouth? I went to order some new ones the other day and I think the drivers side outer tie rod end was about double the cost of the others. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks, Rocky.

2. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

They're all different on a '47, which I'm told is the same chassis.

3. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

4. George

George

On the '47 they have right hand threads on one end & left on the other, ordered one & then found out someone had installed the rods backwards so I had one with the wrong tread.....

5. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Thanks for the quick responses. That kinda sucks that they are all different. I guess I will order them thru the link above. Something learned! Thanks!

6. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Before you order check over on p15/d24 forum. From vague memory the same ends were used up to about 54 but switched from side to side sometimes. It may be a simple RockAuto order if you know what you are looking for. Sorry to be so vague.

7. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

The left and right tie rods are upside down from each other. That means the threaded part is at a different angle from lefts to rights.

Then you have one LH end & one RH end on each side, so there are 4 distinct ends, where most cars have only 2 kinds.