Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Featured Classified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 11, 2014.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad someone else asked. In my years of reading, the only "Early Times" I know of is a car club by that name.

2. I look at that classified ad once a day and dream.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I have always associated Early Times styling with the resto rod movement of the late 60's and into the seventies….. Lots of brass,T-tubs,Phaetons,…spoked chrome wheels…. using a lot of stock items like spare tires,bumpers,etc,etc…. safe practices…
    This car has a hint of it… but not the full Monty….
    I think the wheel tire combo is killer…this car has a terrific rubber rake stance as well……....

gwhite likes this.
  4. Beautiful ride, wish I could swing it, but I'm "financially challenged" for a while yet. "Early Times" always conjures the resto rod look for me as well.

5. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Growing up in LA I remember the Early Times Car Club. Yup, this Tudor is exactly their style. Hard to explain, but the style is hot rod with a bit of practical show rod mixed in. I guess you could call it a fore-runner to street rods. I remember lots of full fendered Model Ts and As more than I do early V8s. The cars typically had a forward-raked stance, drop headlamp bars, winged radiator caps, etc. They were a monumental club in the 1970s and had an annual swap meet and car show at the old Cars of the Stars Museum in Buena Park. They were also well known for really driving their cars. If I am not mistaken, I think there may have even been some Hotwheel's Hotrods called Early Times and the packaging used the club logo. Does this club still exist? Haven't heard it mentioned in years. I think I'll Google it now......

6. Early Times CC is still around, they had their annual picnic last weekend, i usually miss it because i got to the RoadKings Burbank show instead.
    That sedan is really nice btw.

7. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

This is a Super Car, built from an original low mileage sedan, the paint is a repaint from an older resto job, the chassis and drive line are all new with a rebuilt motor and trans.. It does have a hood, the interior is original, I wanted to buy it but I'm knee deep in my Vicky right now, can't build it for the price !!!!

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I can't afford it either, but I do have a hood that would match it like it grew there. Probably painted about the same time.

9. Muttley

Muttley

I want that car so bad I can taste it, unfortunately I doubt he would accept $8.50 in quarters and a handful of pocket lint as payment.

10. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Loved this car since i first saw it, who wouldn't want it.
    I also live near by and have NEVER seen it out and about.

11. I don't doubt that,the ad says it only has a 100 miles on the odometer. HRP

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

Works for me.

13. slowmotion

slowmotion

I like that car a lot. Looks right, sits right, price is right. If I were in a better position I'd pull the trigger on that one it a heartbeat. Damn.

14. Mike

Mike

Typical Early Times style would be a '20s or early '30s machine, stock bodied, fendered, fenders painted black w/ different body color, some times adorned w/ accessories (cowl lights, luggage racks, spare tires, etc.), sat an a rake and usually rolling on chrome wire wheels of some sort (Skylarks, Chryslers, Caddys, etc.). The five spokes fit the style also.

Carter likes this.
  15. Been lookin at A sedans for a long time, and this one is almost perfect. Problem is, when I sold my '34 I promised myself that it was absolutely the last belly button motor I would ever own. Sure wish I had an early Olds 303 sittin in the shop.

16. Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  17. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Now that is really nice!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Those white walls really make a difference.

18. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Holy Cow!!!!!
    I can't belive all the positive reply's on my car.......Thank You!
    Eric ( VAPHEAD), and a few other people helped me with the build, I didn't realize I had an "Early Times Car" until Aussie Steve said it.
    Makes me not want to sale it......

Thanks for the feature Ryan!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.That thing is yummy.
    Too bad I`m broke as a convict on death row.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

WOW! I really like the car, AND, I HAVE the money, AND, my older sister lives in Colorado, AND, she's been begging me to come visit her. BUT, I promised my wife after the last old car purchase, there would be NO MORE. I knew something like this would happen when I promised her that...........................it was something I said, not something she demanded either. I guess I'm stuck now. Butch/56sedandelivery.

21. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  22. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Who are all these people saying you can't build one for 23K ??? If you have any skills, you can build one like this for less than 20k. Using a real Henry steel body.
    If it's a screaming deal...why hasn't it sold?

23. I'm not really a sedan man but, if I had the money, the car would be in my garage. I rarely see a car that I wouldn't change anything on. I wouldn't change a thing on this car. This car is sharp and the owner has excellent taste!

24. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

Last one im adopting, or ill be divorced!!! Thanks HAMB

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Congrats man. Great car.

Ever the contrarian. You're cute man... BTW, congrats to you too - award for most time spent on the HAMB this month! I guess the new format is growing on ya. Almost six hours a day is nothing to sniff at!

Good adoption. I think that car was priced great. Good buy.

26. slowmotion

slowmotion

Congrats to ya man. That is one sweet little sedan. I wouldn't be clamoring to change a damn thing on it anytime soon. Well done.

27. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

I to was watching this car, with fleeting thoughts of actually putting the money down, unfortunately impossible to bring into aus due to our insane import laws.
    I do have a new appreciation of A Tudors now.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. insomniacshotrods

insomniacshotrods

Asked Todd to put the black walls out for me,since BenD cant pick up the car till mid August , both are super guys. If I can find the right size rear tire I may change to a street tread later,just for the safety of the car. I dont want to wreck it ,as i plan to drive the piss out of it. Not sure how these cheater slicks will do on the street if i hit some rain, guessing not too well.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  29. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Nice--the way I learned to build cars--early times