Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 49 OLDS brakes ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas Stove-bolt, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Looking for brake parts for 49 Olds 88. O'riellys has rebuild kits for the wheel cylinders but is there someplace to get hydraulic parts or will something newer work? The car was a barn find and the owner wants to just get it running for now.

Thanks

2. txturbo

txturbo

Depends on what parts you mean. eBay has a lot of stuff.

3. These guys will have it.
    www.chtopping.com

CH Topping, the best in stopping.

4. jkeesey

jkeesey

Fusick will have everything you need for that car. I rebuilt all the wheel cylinders and got a new master from them for my 53. They specialize in Olds parts.

Ratfins56 likes this.

5. modelamac

modelamac

got oldsmobile 1951 likes this.
  6. Thanks, that's what I needed. I know some parts are interchangeable with a lot of years. I've looked up all the part suppliers listed so for and that gives me a lot of options. I love the HAMB. Hopefully we will have this car on the road soon.

Model T1 likes this.
  7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

NAPA can get them. It may take 1 to 3 days but the parts are still available if you have a hip parts man who can find the part #s.

8. Fusick automotive products is also a great place to find stuff I found out. A bit pricey but they have some hard to find stuff.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. jkeesey

jkeesey

Napa could not get the replacement parts for my 53. I called Kanter and it would take them 2 weeks to get the master I needed to me, Fusick had it to me in 2 days.