Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bubba's Hot Rod Shop "SPAM-A-RAMA" Bubba's last...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Well, the last Bubba's Hot Rod Shops "SPAM-A-RAMA" is in the books. For many years, Jim Linder (GMC_Bubba) hosted this event during the Goodguys events in Indy. Of course the specialty was Bar-B-Q'ued SPAM, BBQ'd in Pineapple or Dr. Pepper, BB...Q Sauce, and other concoctions...all of them tasty. (YA! it was good...for you none believers) This year a local restaurant in Speedway called "Barbeque and Bourbon" co-sponsored the event. Bubba and his crew set out early Friday "Queing up SPAM and Bologna, on this monster grill donated by our good friend Doug.....while the B&B crew made up a big batch of Beans and Slaw....
    Next year B&B will take over the raines and put this event on.
    [​IMG]
    This event is a big "Cruise-In" at the shop, and in the past, Bubba fed and entertained everyone that showed up. All at his expense...This year, B&B stepped up and co-sponsored. (PS: you need to go to Speedway, and eat there., YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED, real nice people, friendly)
    [​IMG]
    The Speedway Police (great bunch of guy's by the way) blocked off a section of Main Street so we could park our cars, it was packed.. Along with a bunch of the local rodders, we had quite a few from across the country that were attending the Goodguys event at the State Fair Grounds, come over, including Denise(hotrodladycruiser on the HAMB) from Detroit.

We also had the "City of Burbank" Bonneville Salt Flats race car on display, what a great story, on a great car. This restoration was actually done in part, but a local hot rodder and his company called "IFab".
    [​IMG]
    While we were chowing, a local band called "The Punkin Holler Boy's" set up and started playing there brand of Bluegrass\Country\Hills music, sure did get the crowd going. (I think I saw a mason jar or two floating around...) Good entertainment...Good food, good friends. Does it get any better...???
    Good weather too, we did not get rained on or hail as in the past....
    [​IMG]
    Well miss this event sponsored by Jim Linder, he's a generous soul, good people. and a friend.
    [​IMG]

We hope B&B can carry on this tradition or start a new one.. Enjoy the pictures. but don't pirate them (copyright ya know... )

https://picasaweb.google.com/105421993671397259537/Spamarama66201402?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6Luu7F6s-7Jg#

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a fun time.

3. paintcan54

paintcan54

Tierod, thanks for the pics, Jim sorry we didn't make it over this year with me changing jobs, and the wife being in the hospital I just couldn't do it. maybe next year if you do one.

4. Damn! Well at least I've missed this show for the last time. Definitely looks like better weather than last year.

So is this new B&B going to add barbecued Spam to their menu?

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

So glad I can check this event off my Bucket List...sad it will be no more...but we still got Bubba. :cool:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I had a meeting with the Barbque and Bourbon folks last night. They are doing the Spam A Rama the Friday evening of Goodguys next year !!!!
    It will be at our shop using the same plan as before, spam ,beans cole slaw etc just like always!!! I will be there like always it was just time to step down and let someone else carry on.
    Looking forward to attending this one as well, hope to see everyone next year....

7. A tradition continues!,:),Good Deal. HRP

8. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Great to hear, Jim. Wouldnt be the same without you.

9. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

One of these days I'm going to make this

10. LONG

LONG

cool. I see Russco's 40 ford in the pic. GMCBubba, I plan on sending you my dist next week sometime.