Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Scrap Drive #8, thank you.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Jun 8, 2014.

1. The Tin Butcher's "Scrap Drive" # 8 was a huge success.!
    The weather cooperated again this year and the show was our largest yet.
    We would like to thank everyone who participated as a car entry, swap vendor or spectator, as you are the people who really make the show.
    Thanks to Peek-a-boo Pinups for hosting the pin-up contest, the Dirty Fishnet Stockings rockabilly band again this year (you guys are great) Kent's Ice Cream bars, Relay for Life and 4H food vendors, you all did a fine job. Thanks to 3D sound and the Boone engine tear-down crew, and the Boone Cty fairgrounds crew.

Finally thanks to all the club members who helped with the show.
    here's a few pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. longstory1948gmc

longstory1948gmc
    from n Illinois

Thank you from the engine team for helping us a lot with fundraising!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. butch27

butch27

Some good looking machines.

4. Speed~On

Speed~On

I attended the Scrap Drive for the first time. I met 2 friends early in the morning and we cruised to Belvidere. With 3 hot rods in our group and a beautiful morning, it made for a very enjoyable drive. Soon after arriving we ran into HAMBer Bobwop, it's always nice seeing him. The swap meet was much larger than I imagined. The quality and vast amount of great vintage/NOS parts for sale was great. I scored a late 31 Model A indented firewall that's in great condition (that made my day). There was also a nice turnout of kool hot rods. My car made it there and back with no issues, so that's always a bonus.

Thank you Tin Butchers for your hard work, I'll be back next year.

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

My first time attending too. How did I miss this one before? Nice venue, Killer swap meet, great music and food. Thanks Tin Butchers for a job well done.

Stick Shift likes this.
  6. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

Sam, thanks for all of your help too. It was a great day. All of the comments I heard through out the day were very positive. The great turn out will allow us to make more charitable donations.
    Mark

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. cs39ford

cs39ford

Sam Great time good weather great swap meet great looking cars See you for number 9

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

one of my favorites. All the cool guys show up at the Scrap Drive.

Stick Shift likes this.
  9. Love the coupe! HRP

[​IMG]

10. ...the above coupe won our club John Kemp memorial award.(the only trophy we award) We lost John to an auto accident a couple years ago; he was our youngest member but very talented and very likeable, he is missed.

11. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

I am the current owner of the coupe HRP. This is a true survivor car built in Cali mid to late 50s. I am still tracking down info about it and the builder. I was surprised but very honored to recieve the John Kemp award. I was very touched talking to his dad about John and his tragic loss. This car sits next to Randy's 3 window, I am very blessed to be able to own them. Had a great time at this years Scrap Drive. It is a cool laidback event with some great people and bitchin cars. Thanks to all. Dave Snow

12. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Great show this year and roadsterman32 your coupe is dead on Kool. It was a busy day but always a great time for me. Sorry I did not see you bobwop, thats three shows I missed you at.

13. 31 Tudor

31 Tudor

My brother and I came down for the first time. We had a great time and are looking forward to next year.

14. A Boner

A Boner

Any more pic's?