Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rocco and Cheaters Speed Shop??? anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Mar 15, 2005.

1. jerry

jerry

Sam, it's good to hear that you are on the mend from that infection thing. Looking forward to talking to you again at H.A.M.B. drags again this =year.

jerry

2. rocco and cheaters;- established - 1946 in Birmingham Alabama by Rocco and Chito Sanfilippo, originally a repair garage,they started selling speed equipment and were later joined by their younger brother Domenic. Domenic is the only survivor. his son Sam now runs the business at 300-1st. ave. north, b/ham, ala-35204

3. Sam's a great kat.........hooked me up with some vintage Hurst shifter handles back in the spring! Thanks Sam!! :)

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Sam rocks. no doubt about it.

Who keeps diggin up these old threads though?

5. Gator

Gator

Looks like the new guy 'Duncan' did for some reason. WTF?

6. Rocco & Cheater's will be at the Fall Charlotte Auto Fair.

Look for them at: Row BBB spaces 8-10 Blue Field

They normally have a BUNCH of old stuff for sale. We're talkin' about brand new in the original boxes. It's amazing what they still have.

PS: Pinstriper, I assume you're gonna' be there. I received our/your credentials in the mail last week.

7. Rusty

Rusty

Met Sam at the Hot Rod Reunion this year in Bowling Green, Ky He is a great guy and seems really stand up. Off all the hotrodders that were passing by when I ran out of gas on the interstate he was the only one to stop, And that was hauling a big trailer. Even saw Don Garlits drive rite on by. That means alot about him and his character. If you read this Sam thanks. Look forward to doing lots of business with him.

8. Ruiner

Ruiner

too bad there isn't a website to browse through parts and such, but I suppose it'd be hard enough keeping inventory in the store, let alone updating a website constantly...a special thanks to Sam and Anthony for helping keep hot rodding alive in a very traditional way...someday I hope to meet you guys if I ever happen to plan a trip to the Birmingham area it would be for the sole purpose of seeing Rocco and Cheater's Speed Shop

9. djmartins

djmartins

Well, belive it or not some new guys read back through old posts instead of asking dumbass questions.
    In that search, one will often come up with an old topic that is interesting.
    Me?
    I find a LOT of interesting old posts.

regards,
    DJ

10. I think the point Gator is making is that it's Duncans first and only post.
    From his answer, it looks like he read the opening post and hit reply.

So....who is Duncan?

11. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

why do these OLD posts keep popping up... 2005???? Damn...

12. I love sam....he's cool and has NEAT stories....

13. TIMCO1

TIMCO1
    from USA

Call Mimi at Rocco and Cheaters Speed Shop in Birmingham ,Alabama. 205-533-1399
    They have a ton of N.O.S Parts.

14. 303racer

303racer

TIMCO1 look at the date man

15. TIMCO1

TIMCO1
    from USA

Yes I can read the date. Just letting everyone know that they can still call for parts..

Call 205-533-1399. Ask for Mimi. Tell him what you are looking for.He is the owner of Rocco and Cheater's Speed Shop in Birmingham, Al. Has a Ton of N.O.S. parts

16. Okay, so who is Mimi, and what has become of Sam?

17. TIMCO1

TIMCO1
    from USA

Mimi is the owner. Sam's dad.. Sam is no longer there. Not sure what happened you will have to ask Mimi that question. I am Mimi's son in law. just trying to get the word out that he still has a large stock of NOS parts for sale. I posted his cell # above. I am sure he would enjoy talking to you. thanks, Tim

18. Thanks for the info

19. Good info. Mimi's a good guy :cool: He and Sam sure made all us Poor Boys feel welcome a few years ago when we went down for an "open house"--food, drinks, hospitality :)
    More odd/unique/obsolete stuff than I'd ever seen in my life.

20. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

21. Andamo

Andamo

It appears he really doesn't want to sell that panel truck. Can't blame him actually.

22. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Is this the place that the American Pickers show went to recently? By the way I talked to a lady that said the Pickers have people searching and casing all the places they go way before they go there. Oh well, it is television you know. It just kills me to see them not even ask about a 32 grille shell because they bought one on the show a week ago.

23. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rocco & Cheaters Panel Truck in background.JPG