Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your favorite speed equipment decal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Jul 22, 2009.

1. I'll agree there;I always thought "Big John" Mazmanian's cars that wore that on the rear quarter panel(and little else in the way of equipment decals) were the sharpest racecars of the '60's and '70's. I've used their products since that time with great results,my former stepfather(RIP Denny) owned a hearse conversion company and always used their products exclusively.

Though not a "speed equipment" decal,per se,this is one of my faves:
    [​IMG]

This is an original that I found on a '64 Dodge at a Detroit area yard back in the 1980's;I had about 10 more that I lost in the effin' basement flood back in 2000. I know there's repros available,but they don't have the correct font;differs from the originals.

2. jokerjason

jokerjason

I always liked the old CAL Custom Metalflake one with the T on it, Later, JOKER JASON.

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Clay Smith Cams , Schneider cams , The early 70's Thrush Mufflers & most of the early 60's water slide decals .

4. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

5. All of 'em !!

Rat

6. Searcher

Searcher

Heres a couple of mine..... Their applyed to a dial thermometer that looks like a speedo that was home made in the 60's.

Anybody know if these are common or hard to find ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 'Saw a Sharp Speed Equipment decal on the generator of a friend's hemi-powered coupe. I've been looking for one since I have a Sharp aluminum head on the flat six in my '46 plymouth.

8. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

mr horsepower and mooneyes, i drew these on my binder all the time as a kid

9. rc.grimes, hell yea !! draggin unlimited toronto. what a flashback... 12 yrs old hanging out at a speed shop. what i would give for 1 or two of those hiding away somewhere in ontario. how about knob hill speed and custom at eglinton and brimly. thanks for some good memorys .

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I got an iron cross like this but it says 'slant six" in the center...

[​IMG]

11. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I'd love to get one of these waterslide decals if someone has one for sale.

12. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I have always loved collecting old racing decals because each one has so much racing history connected with it. It's hard for me to pick just one or two that I really like more then the 2,000 old others that I have.

Many of the decals I have came from collectors who wanted to share their decals with me.
    All of the decals I sell on my website are reproductions of originals that collectors sent me and asked me to recreate all the artwork and graphics for so that others could enjoy them.
    The cool thing about decals is when you look at each one it brings back wonderful memories from years ago.

Jimbo