Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA NATIONALS EAST, YORK PA. WHO IS GOING?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, May 22, 2014.

1. Unfortunately the Fairlane isn't ready for that trip. I'll b driving my 1970 Nova SS. Hopefully I can meet up with some of u guys.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Leaving in the morning since our "short cut" takes nearly a whole day!! The good news Is that we drive most of the way on backwoods roads and just love it versus being stuck in the heavy traffic up 301 and the interstates around Baltimore. It might not be the shortest route but it is definitely the happiest for our merry gang of 5 guys driving their hot rods. Boy, we sure wake up some of the people along those sleepy roads when we go rumbling bye! Some of their expressions are priceless! Think of old Gomer Pyle saying, "Surprise! Surprise!"
    See you there,
    Al a09.JPG

olcurmdgeon and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Be safe...have fun, Hamtown.:)

4. Hey Hamtown, Will also be waking up EVERYONE, thusday morning. I run open zoomie headers and drag slicks!!!! GOOD TIMES!!

5. Anyone else going?

6. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

I got my pre-registration last week, #2344.

7. Honlude

Honlude
    from York pa

We will be around Thursday thru Sunday ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1401906460.509888.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1401906491.835584.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. jimz31

jimz31
    from PA

Headed down Saturday morning no car. Will be roaming the swap meet and checking out the cars! Hope to meet some you guys!

9. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

GJ4K5374_fb2.jpg

10. HAHAHA!! Nice picture! Thanks AL. Mikey

11. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Leaving from south of Pittsburgh Thur. morning. Usually park near the swap meet.

Ago IMG_9961.JPG

12. That is one sweet ride Ago!! Be safe! Have a good trip in.

13. Friday weather was picture perfect and they had what appeared to be the biggest turnout for a Friday in recent yrs.

14. 5:30 am sat.morning and here we go again.......getting ready to leave with a new fresh load of stuff. my wife and i did great yesterday in the swap meet and we had a blast. lots of great cars and people !!!!! definitely the most attendance that i have seen in a really long time. i will try and get some pic. today we were just to busy at the booth yesterday to even take a walk around. see ya down there,tom

15. Glad you had a successful swap. Weather was darn near perfect.

16. 5window

5window

Went Saturday, got my usual 1 block away free parking spot. $13 to get in with the >60 discount. Weather was great, but a bit hot. I found the number of vendors was down a bit I thought, but the swap meet was better. The number of cars was about the same or a bit less than recent years, I heard 3-4 K which is well down from the peak, but Goodguys and Carlisle Ford Nationals were going on in the area,too. Lots of nice hot rods, many nice street rods, the post '49ers were mostly pretty interesting and w few to many ratrods-I don't get the Obvious Talent But Total Lack of Taste group and more than the More Money Than Brains group. Fortunately, they were both in pretty small minorities.

17. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

total registered was 3,388.

Got back about hour and a half ago.

Weather was the best ever in my 20 years of going.

18. [QUOTE="Hamtown Al,

Weather was the best ever in my 20 years of going.[/QUOTE]............So true. It couldn't have been any better, perhaps it could have been just a tad cooler. Got kinda cooked riding around in the topless roadster. No complaints though.

19. took a few pic from around are swap meet spot. did not get to walk around to much nsra 009.JPG
    my wife was working it nsra 010.JPG nsra 011.JPG nsra 012.JPG nsra 014.JPG nsra 015.JPG
    the pile was getting thin nsra 001.JPG nsra 002.JPG

20. Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  21. Cool shots, guys.

22. KevinS

KevinS
    from Ohio

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg We will be bringing our all-steel 41 Willys and fresh 32 roadster. Hope to meet several people there.

23. will keep a look out for that outstanding willys!!

24. Just a few days away. Where did a year go???:eek:....I've been going since it was in Timonium in 1974. Geeeeeeeezz I'm getting old.

olcurmdgeon likes this.
  25. buck 32

buck 32
    from Maryland

I'll be there with our crew. We'll be set up right outside the side entrance door at the host hotel, stop by for a drink and say hi.
    Bob

26. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

We're leaving Wednesday due to our shortcut that takes a bit longer! Forecast says I might need to keep the top up!
    Would love to have the same weather as last year... perfect! Will probably be the usual York weather, cool, hot, rainy now and then,... oh yeah, and at least one big blow with some rain!
    See ya there!
    Al
    PS It does seem to have been a quick year; which is good as I love going to York. best.JPG

27. Hopefully this year I will not....Get a speeding ticket....Crack my radiator.....loose my cooler.... Run out of beer..... Run out of money..... Run out of everything.....Not really in that order!! Still a good time, and beats the hell out of going to work!

28. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Never been before so this will be my first time. I am going to pick up my new body from Brookville also.

29. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

We pass within 10 miles of downtown Olney when we go through Clarksville on route 32... we'll mark the route for ya! A series of solid and dotted yellow lines OK?!?!:D
    Have a safe trip. You will enjoy York. I'm not a long timer like lothiandon1940; this is only my 21st year!

30. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Yeah are are coming real close to me. I'm eleven miles from that 108 and 32 exit