Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical best spark plug for ford flatheads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordpatina, May 30, 2014.

1. fordpatina

fordpatina

Hello like the title says what is the best spark plug for ford flatheads V8S to use any particular ones? thanks in advance

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I think a lot has to do with what kind of heads you are running as the "reach" and "heat range" of the plugs vary. The folks on www.fordbarn.com are in the know. Champion H-10's used to be the stock plug for 49-53 flatty, but they are not made anymore.

3. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

Champion plugs are now made in Mexico. NGK has plugs for flatheads, and you can choose the heat range you want.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. i'm happy with ngk b-6L.....

5. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Best stock plugs I've used are Autolite 216's. My flathead runs better with these than with Champions.

6. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

Now with NGK five is norm, four is hotter and six colder. Four for that old dirty flatty losing comp. And six for that high compression motor. I think that's something to consider when running a flatty over 8.0-1 comp.