Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Coupe quarters vs. Sport Coupe quarters

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Gigantor, May 27, 2014.

1. Gigantor

Gigantor

Here's the scenario... I have a 30-31 model a coupe quarter that needs patching/replacement in the bottom rear half. I have a rough set of 30-31 sport coupe quarters that are straight and solid in that particular area. I know the top portion is different, but is the bottom rear half the same as the coupe?
    The car in question is across the country and the sport coupe pieces are in storage so a side by side comparison is out of the question for the time being. However I really want to get a jump on parts sourcing while I scrounge up the dough and time off to go get my new car so I figured I'd ask the experts.
    Any experts care to shed some light? Last time I checked, they weren't making patch panels in that particular spot.

2. the quarter panels are the same, except at the top. coupe, and sport coupe use the same doors. nick.

3. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Yes, they are the same.........I put a 5 window roof on sport coupe body and it fit perfectly.

4. Gigantor

Gigantor

Thanks for the info guys.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!