Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical How to make all your old thumbnail pics into full size pics on your old threads...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, May 21, 2014.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Found this totally by accident...I'm now in the process of making all my old thumbnail picture threads into full size picture threads. This will probably take me several months, or years! :eek:

Anyway, all you do is go to your post that has a thumbnail pic and click 'Edit' (first pic below) at the bottom of the post. This will take you to a new screen...on that screen click 'More Options' (2nd pic)...this will take you to a new screen that shows all your pics in that post (3rd pic)...Double click 'Full Image' next to each pic one at a time and it will become full size...when you're done making them all full size, click 'Save Changes' (4th pic) at the bottom of the screen...now all of your original thumbnails are full size in your old post...pretty cool feature...Thanks Ryan. :D
    P1080215.JPG P1080216.JPG P1080217.JPG P1080218.JPG

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    kidcampbell71 and Model T1 like this.
  2. .

Cool!

All the pics in my build threads are still gone due to them being linked to my albums. Hopefully they can be brought back.

My threads suck with out pics. Some would say they suck even with pics. :rolleyes:

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm currently working on my Wire Wheels Only thread...for those of you that posted thumbnail pics in that thread, how about going over there and enlarging all your pics?...Purdy please.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I'm having trouble figuring most everything out on the new format...............from messages to posting pictures.

5. Heck i cant even figure how to get your p.m. message? Any help? Bruce.

6. Very cool Larry you are becoming a computer wizard!:eek:

Go to the tab at the top of the page that has a picture of an envelope on it click on that then click on show all. Voila there they be!!

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Truth is I'm one of the most computer illiterate people on this board...if I can read and figure this all out, anyone can. Ryan's new updated system makes things SOO much easier.

8. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

Thanks Larry, you da man

9. frank spittle

frank spittle

I finally found somehing I like about the new format. I bet I will find more! Thanks.....all my pictures on posts are thumbnails which I don't like....but like you it will take time for me to convert them.

10. 117harv

117harv

Larry thanks, but re-reading your first post it seems that you were doing each pic, that isn't necessary. The top window with multiple pics in it, the one above the one that you have your arrow/cursor on will change all the pics at once.

11. buds56

buds56

Wow, that is so easy
    Thanks

12. Can you repeat that !!

13. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

The thing about thumbnails is that they are small & the page will load fast. If you blow them out full size, then any page with a bunch of photos will load slower. Photos you've already seen will still have to load

This is why thumbnails exist. The lighten the load on the servers, and on your computer processor & video card, as well as the load on your modem, router, & cable/fibre/DSL/phone line/wireless transcever....whatever you use to access the WWW.

That being said I've been guilty of posting a lot of full images, but from now on I'm going to use only thumbnails unless I'm just posting one photo or such.

It's sorta the responsible thing to do.

14. I've lost the mood to read the HAMB now when I all I see is thumbnails.
    If enlarged pics were a problem for Ryan then it wouldn't be allowed here I'm sure.
    Make em all big.
    I'm blind enough as it is and can't be bothered clicking on every pic just to see it.

15. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

16. Yea Thanks Larry!Bruce.

17. i bet your the guy who tells how a magic trick works, reminds you how many calories that dessert has, and points out the fact that she had a nose and boob job.....party pooper. :]

kidcampbell71 and LIFESTYLZ like this.
  18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ahaha...actually, I don't believe if Ryan had a problem with full size pics, he would have given us the option to have them...it's all good....and I hate thumbnails pics.

19. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Guys, Ryan won't care much unless his bandwidth costs and server storage go too high, but you see it's you and me that suffer. Not him. We're the ones waiting for slow page loads because of big photos loading.

Plus when you re-open a thread, you must wait for photos to load that you've already seen.

And yeah, I'm the network administrator at work, so I'm the party pooper that tells people to keep their paths short, and their names conventional, and their backup files cleaned out, and their data backed up, and their virus signature file up to date.

But I'm not retired yet, so perhaps you all have lots of idle time to wait for the computer. ;)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  20. And if you keep up the good work, you'll have as many posts as HRP.

Thanks to the OP for the 411.