Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Sedan Gender Reassignment Surgery

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatnasty, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

looks pretty damn good!

2. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Really nice work on the roof. It is coming together well!

4. Dodge Brother

Dodge Brother

Nice line/flow, coming together nicely! See four doors ARE good for something!

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Brad - you have done a great job getting the rear roof line just right. Good work man!

6. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks Every one.

Ive never done this before so I'm figuring it out as I go. So far I'm pretty happy with the over all look that is taking shape. I think it will come to life a bit more when the door tops are put on.

Brad

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Brad it almost looks like your trying to bring this drawing to life.....It really looks killer, I have seen 7 diffren't 33-34 fordor conversions, And Your roof has the best proportions of all the ones I have seen so far. However the fact that your chop looks mean as hell may have something to do with it...LOL

Attached Files:

29EHV8 likes this.
  8. racer_dave

racer_dave

that looks bad a$$. I like the quarter window a lot. nice proportions.

9. mauler rich

mauler rich

Its looking so awesome great work man

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. olskool34

olskool34

Hell yeah man, looking seriously evil. Perfect.

11. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks Everyone,

I wasn't able to make it out to the shop tonight but I was able to pick my trunk hinges. My buddy works in a Foundry and I was able to borrow a orig set off another friend to give him as a pattern. Here's what I ended up with. I'm Pretty happy with them. A little clean up and drill the holes and were good to go.

Brad

Attached Files:

mauler rich likes this.
  12. Nice! Do you have the other pieces as well?

13. 34dlxcoupe

34dlxcoupe
    from Lincoln

Wow.. I see somthing like this and think,,, man made it ~ man can fix it.. great job and what a change so far!!! yes@!!!!!:)

14. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Had A busy weekend last week but I was able to squeeze some time here and there in on the coupe. I had a Photo shoot with my truck on Saturday with 10 models. That was pretty cool. I also picked up some parts for the car too. A little while ago Cory Taulbert (from the hamb here), organized having some 700/18 firestone deluxe champions built by coker tire on a pre order arrangement. I was snoozing at the wheel at the time and didn't find out until all the orders were filled. So I missed out. Xman (from here on the hamb as well) was organized enough to pick up a set but didn't end up needing them. Anyway long story short Xman was nice enough to sell me his so now I have my rear tires. Thanks to Both of you. I also got some headlights. Got a super deal on them and couldn't say no. I think they'll look grate.

As far as the car goes I got the driver side quarter window stitched up. Whent alot faster than the passenger side. Next I'm going to tackle the B pillar and A pillar's.

Brad

Attached Files:

ls1yj, Pufff and mauler rich like this.
  15. .

I have an extra "other half" of the trunk hinge but only 1. I'll send it if you need one. PM me.

16. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Got back to work on the coupe this weekend. Last weekend was a wash. The car club was at a show so I didn't get out to the shop.

I worked on both quarter windows and did a bit of fine tuning then I focased my attention to the "A" pillars. To lean them out in the first place I had to drill the spot welds out for the inner header panel to release it from the roof opening. Then I cut the ends of the header off and drilled out the spot welds from the inner panel of the "A' pillar so only the outside skin was left of the "A" pillar. That gave me access to manipulate everything to shape.
    I warmed the roof skin up with the torch and bumped it out with a dolly to get the shape write then welded in a strip to tie it all up. A little grinding and it was a done deal. I'll put all the inner structure back after the door tops go on.

Brad

Attached Files:

• 137.jpg
      137.jpg
      File size:
      492.9 KB
      Views:
    • 143.jpg
      143.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    • 134.jpg
      134.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • 142.jpg
      142.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
    Pufff and texkbc like this.
  17. Firecat7

Firecat7

This thread is so kool...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, AM AMAZED AT YOUR TENACITY....coupe looks great..:D

18. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

This weekend was another Fairly productive one. I got to work on closing the cowl back up. When I leaned back the A pillars on the cowl I figuared Instead of cutting the whole top of the cowl off with the A pillars attached I`ll just cut through everything but the last layer of metal in the door jam and bend it back. Well let me tell you. That Is one major fucking FAIL. Now I had a major height difference between the two edges of the opening. When it leans back it also tips up. That made for a lot more slicing and dicing to get it back together. Fak! Cut the whole top off and just trim it down a bit it will be golden. I know that for next time. After all said and done it looks real nice but was more dicking around than it needed to be

Attached Files:

Pufff and texkbc like this.
  19. bct

bct

thinking 2D on a 3D problem . looks like you sorted it out well.

20. Looks great man !
    Yeah it's a lot of extra work, but I'd bet you a 1000.00 your windshield not only fits better but actually fits like its supposed to because of it. How can that be a major fail. When the windshield doesn't work, that's a fail.

I haven't thought of a way to lean the pillars only without really knocking the windshield frame fitment out of whack.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  21. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats the way I leaned the posts back on my chop. Looks good that way.

22. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

23. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

145.jpg 149.jpg
    Worked on the back window this weekend. It took a few pie cuts but it turned out pretty well. still needs a bit more grinding but I ran out of disks. I hope to get working on the door tops this weekend so I can get the chop finished up. If feels like it's taking for ever.

Brad

Brad

Pufff likes this.
  24. rat nasty

rat nasty

nice!!! AWESOME WORK! JKN..."i thought this thing would be done by now"!!! lol!! any chance you made it to the states yet call text or somethin and let me know whats up bro!!!

25. I love this car!

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

"It feels like it's taking forever" is fine if you are making progress, and you are - so keep at it, man!

27. Mart

Mart

28. Johnny99

Johnny99

Fail! Don't think so. You are doing a nice job. Great proportions. I chopped my 34 sedan in a very similar way. Made this tuning fork thing a ma bob for cowl sheet metal tweaking, worked great.

John

Attached Files:

29EHV8 likes this.
  29. Keep the updates coming its turning out amazing.