Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A body blocks?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by BLACKPRIMERFAN, May 17, 2014.

1. BLACKPRIMERFAN

BLACKPRIMERFAN
    from OH/MI LINE

I got a box o' blocks with my '30-31 Brookville body with no instructions as which goes where? Does anyone have pics showing where they get located? Or seen an online diagram? Or should I just call Brookville?

Thanks

2. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Take a look at this link, http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...of-model-a-wood-body-mounts-installed.632616/ Scroll down to entry #9 by Slick Willy. Hope this will help.

Bob

3. Are these blocks actually necessary to use, or can you substitute with a thick piece of rubber instead? Could you post the thickness of the blocks? What do others do / use?

I was thinking of using rubber and just getting something the thickness of the gap between the chassis and underside of the subrails..

4. charlieb66

charlieb66

It may not be necessary to use the blocks, but you will be glad you did when it comes time to adjust the doors for fit. Attached is a diagram for the blocks.

Attached Files:

5. BLACKPRIMERFAN

BLACKPRIMERFAN
    from OH/MI LINE

Thanks, this was the info I was looking for! Does anyone have a pics of wood alternatives?