Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1956 Buick Century 4dr, 322 Nailhead For Sale/Trade

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Cub8556, May 14, 2014.

1. Cub8556

Cub8556

City: Homer Glen

State: Illinois
    Price: $5000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    UPDATE: I included a walk around video. I don't want to waste anybodies time, and want you to know exactly what you'd be buying.

For sale is my 1956 Buick Century. If you are in the Chicagoland area there is a good chance you've seen it at various cruise nights. Most of the car is in original unrestored condition and has been parked for the last two years. I'm going to try to list all the major faults I can remember, but remember its an old car. At the moment it needs a new battery in order to start. The black paint is fair with swirls, scratches, and looks like it has some small bondo work on the front. Chrome is pitted with rust on the rear bumper. The original starter is operated via the gas pedal, I switched this to a push button underneath the dash. I had issues with the starter engaging when the engine was already running, the push button solved this. I also had problems with the original generator, so I threw in an alternator. The 322 runs fine and no problems with the dynaflow shifting. The car needs new exhaust and brakes. The car pulls a little when under braking. I put in a new water pump 3 years ago. The diff fluid was recently replaced too. The interior is in decent condition. As you can see from the pics the front seat has a tear in the seam. Radio works, speedometer works (but not all that accurate), Voltage works, gas gauge does not. Glass is nice except a crack in the passenger window. rear passenger window does not fully go down.

UPDATE: I grabbed a battery from a different car, used a little ether and the car started right up

Any questions feel free to contact me, or let me know if your want more photos.

Would be willing to trade for 60s-70s era truck

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. Cub8556

Cub8556