Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Headliner installation 37 Hudson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frozen Chosen, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Frozen Chosen

Frozen Chosen

Hey everyone,
    I'm waiting for my new headliner to arrive next week and plan on installing it as soon as it gets here. But I've never done one of these, so I'm looking for any advise that anyone can give me. I have replaced all of the wood spars and have sound proofed the roof with dynaliner. So where do I start? How do you fasten it to the wooden spars and around the windows? What do I need to start this project? Tacks, glue?????I've seen pictures of a couple of these being done but there weren't any directions on how they were doing things.
    Any suggestions, advise or direction will be greatly appreciated!

2. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

I did my 36 Terraplane but that was many years ago.. Is the headliner cloth or vinyl?

Basically you figure the center side to side of both the body and the lier.

If the center bow is anchored or has clips holding it upright. Start from the center. If not measure from the center bow to the windshield and mark on the headliner. Hang headliner on center and work from a solid base whether it is windshield or center bow. Stretch fore and aft till reasonably tight and seams are well centered on the bows. Then pull to the sides. I usually start near the center bow and work each way.

If there is wood or cardboard edges use tacks or staples. Some have spiked plates around the openings that grab the material. If not use contact cement. ;)

3. Drakkar

Drakkar

3m headliner spray works great. Adjustable spray pattern. Green can. I used windlace to hold the fabric in place to let the glue set up along with spring clips.