Register now to get rid of these ads!

New idea for this springs Jalopy Showdown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks for the revisit Sidevalve.....................

If that doesn't bring them in, they weren't coming anyway.

And it's right around the corner again!

May 17th........................................Start the countdown.

2. nsh57

nsh57

Larry,
    Is there going to be a pre-registration for the track event (roadster & coupe categories) or will it be more of a "day-of" sign up?

*** Less than 7 weeks away!***

3. I do believe that I'll be driving out from Philly with my 51 for the first time. Looking forward to the event.
    -Pat

4. Gettin closer... Can't wait for another great weekend!

5. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I'm not sure if this will get done in time or not. But I'm trying!

Attached Files:

6. Brian C

Brian C

Sounds like some nice ideas Larry. Sort of a combination of your regular Showddown and what you wanted to try for the 10th anniversary event bnefore Mother Nature changed the plans. :eek:

We've been looking forward to this years Showdown ever since we pulled out of the gate to head home last year!

[​IMG]

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

O.K., lets do a little catch up. Vendor registration is closed. We'll be assigning spaces & sending vendor stuff out soon. If you are interested in running, let me know. I have to figure out if we will send something out ahead or just do it that morning. If you do run, it will be one person in the car, you will need a helmet of some kind...with goggles if not full face. You will need a seat belt. If I can pull on it & pull the bolt through the floor it probably would not hold you in! Long sleeves & long pants minimum, coveralls O.K., fire suit better! Remember, no mud hole runs this year unless it is too wet to run the race cars.

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

This years poster art by Zach Suhr, printing by Tyler Hilton.

[​IMG]

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

Shirts are black with this art BIG on front:

[​IMG]

this on the back:

[​IMG]

10. posters and shirts look great as always Larry

11. Just a tad over a month away!:D

12. lorodz

lorodz

Im thrashing away.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. who else is gettin' anxious!? hope to be there in my 56 ford wagon....

14. scarylarry

scarylarry

Update very soon!

15. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Working on my car nights and weekends to get it back together in time. Looking forward to it.

16. It's just around the corner.:D

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

O.K. a little update. When we get up against show day & IF the weather is a little iffy, please check the show Facebook page for updates from the grounds! I will keep everyone informed there. If you are bringing a race car please drive PAST the track & enter at the farmers field (see far right on map). The field behind the shop will be the trailer parking & pits for race cars only! We will have someone at the entrance of the field at the road. Which brings me to everyone that brings a hot rod on a trailer. You will park at the museum. One of the parking volunteers in the yellow vests will assist with parking you. Next is the actual show field. We will obviously fill the infield first with pre '64 traditional hot rods & customs, not rat rods, not 4wd cars & trucks. Our guys will be right at the bridge so you either fit the criteria & go past that point or you cross over the bridge with there will be additional SHOW CAR ONLY PARKING parking. PLEASE remember the angle on the bridge can catch a low car! Once again, see the map for the yellow marked areas. We are basically going to work right to left, infield, areas outside track at the road, then across the bridge to taped off areas. General parking will be beyond with the shuttle running constantly to the bridge. Camping is being bumped out to the areas in blue. There will be a lot more addition portable toilets then last year. This year will determine if we continue with camping or not...frankly it is not a priority because of the few that make it a pain in my ass. I'm sorry to the majority that can handle it like big kids. Once again, camp where the volunteers tell you to camp or head to one of the many local campgrounds...it's a car show not a camping event. There will not be firewood this year, DONT HELP YOURSELF TO SOMEONE ELSES! Our volunteers just have not had time to gather & cut it. Please shoot me any questions. I cant wait to see the track time, its gonna be so cool!! As always thanks for the support & being so good rolling with the punches of always being there no matter what the weather brings us!

Attached Files:

18. roadglider

roadglider

don't forget motorcycle parking!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sugar City Speed Shop is coming rain or shine!!! So excited to see some cars!

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

We dont do motorcycle parking. All motorcycles are in the spectator parking area.

21. wex65

wex65
    from WV

This will be my first, visit, looking forward to it.

I will be bringing a trailer. Is there a time after which I need to arrive to park at the museum? Was planning on getting there early, like 7AM.

Thanks a million for organizing this. Looking forward to seeing some traditional steel...

22. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

cant wait larry!!!!

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

O.K., Thursdays update. We're hearing rain starting tonight & maybe ending tomorrow afternoon. The band will play tomorrow evening no matter what. Me, Scott & Jr went up yesterday & laid out the vendor spaces. It's good we have not had a real wet spring as everything is pretty solid on the grounds but if we get 2" of rain...well you have all been there before! Or, it could be solid enough we'll be fine. Just as long as we dont get a flash flood (yes the infield there can end up a foot deep!!) we'll be good. If you dont NEED to camp, give us a break & wait it out. Saturday is supposed to be real nice so we WILL get the race car track time in! We will have to figure out where the trailers are going tomorrow evening or first thing Saturday morning. Racers, look for a sign at the end of the driveway, If we have to, we may split the pit area & put some of the race car trailers on the infield as a last resort. As always we'll look at our situation & work with what the place gives us!! Drivers meeting at noon(ish) at the tower. I think the track order will be, 1st Hot Rod Ed's mini bike laps. Hey, the weirdo won the bet & got a Jalopy Showdown tramp stamp, I gotta pay up! :) 2nd speedsters & midgets 3rd hot rod coupes 4th hot rod roadsters 5th stock cars 6th sprint cars! They will run 10-15 minute sessions each then we will repeat minus the mini bikes. Facebook page for updates from the track.

24. As usual, Larry, you have everything thought out. Hope Mother Nature co-operates.

scarylarry likes this.
  25. I will be going for the first time, it sounds great.

26. Any updates on the terra-firma?

27. Once again Larry and crew did an outstanding job of bringing us one of the best events on the East Coast. Perfect weather, great crowd, excellent swap meet and plenty of lap time for all to enjoy. Thanks to everyone involved. It may have been the best one yet.........and I even saw Larry cracking a smile a few times.:D...................Don.