Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Just Couldn't Wait for Santa....AKA: My Very First Tool Chest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Dec 16, 2005.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So, I'm at Sears, in the tool department, making a list for Santa of stuff I need, (he said I've been a good girl ;) ) and low and behold I stumble across a red (my favorite color) Craftsman tool chest in the clearance section! Holy Smokes, it's just want I've always wanted and it's HALF of what the normal going rate is for that exact model:eek: and it only has a couple of scratches on the top, no dings or dents.

I can't believe my luck. I was planning on putting one on my list for Santa this year anyway. I've always wanted one but just kept putting it off and basicly getting by in the garage with the drawers in my work bench. Man o man, this is too good a deal to take the chance that Santa would be able to stop what he's doing in his workshop and get down here quick enough to pick it up. Ok, decision made, it's going home with me right now.:D Yep, it's a special day when someone gets their first Craftsman tool chest.

Paid for it, wheeled it out, stuck it in the trunk of my getto cruiser Town Car (yep, the whole thing fit in it) and proceeded home. On the way home though crazy thoughts were spinning in my head. This is WAY TOO NICE for the garage.:D Maybe I'll see how it would look in my kitchen in place of my microwave stand.:eek:

Well, looks pretty good to me:D
    [​IMG]

Yep, plenty of room for all the "stuff" that was in/on my old stand
    [​IMG]

Even had room for the "house tools" which were in a draw in my desk
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes: I think I'm going to paint my cupboards red now....with long stainless handles....and perhaps paint my walls "shop grey"......I do love diamond plate........and black and white checked floors are cool......yep, watched too much monster house when it was on.:rolleyes:

Here's to hoping each and every one of you get exactly what your wishing for for Christmas along with remembering the reason for the season. Happy Holidays to you and yours. xoxoxoo

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the mailbox on top is actually my breadbox.:D Handmade by Brickster and it's my favorite kitchen accessory.

2. I get in trouble not waiting for Santa. But a sweet deal is hard pass up. Good for you Denise!

3. Kitchen tools:D

4. I loooove what you've done to the place, dahlin'

Yep, you're a hotrodder, all right.

Merry Christmas from Memphis.

5. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Congrats!!!!.....Thats a good looking box you got there......er....uh.....tool box I mean.

6. Tony

Tony

Denise thats too cool!
    A tool chest in the kitchen!!
    now THATS creative decorating!
    :D:D

Happy Holiday's to you too..

7. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey! cool idea denise...get a microwave and mailbox in the same unit so you bake 'em and ship 'em all at the same time! only you would think that up....mike
    p.s. box looks awesome! merry christmas!

8. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I love your breadbox,and your chest!:eek: Merry Christmas,Denise. Sparky

9. Now you have to buy another one for the garage. :D

Then learn how to Pinstripe it.

10. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Oh, Man...thanks for that...it just TOTALLY made my day!!!!:) :D :D

Just when I thought I'd seen it all...woo hoo hoo!!! Ha Ha Ha!!! That's rich, I love it!

I couldn't have done better with a PHOTOHACK!!!

Rock On, Cookie Queen!!!:) :cool:

11. shoebox72

shoebox72

Thanks for shiwng us your chest,,uh tool box. You got style. My GF never sees things my way. HAHA. I suppose you make meatloaf & birthday cakes in valvecovers too.Right???? :D

Billy

12. 4woody

4woody

Whoda thunk it: a RED toolbox at Sears...

13. primer

primer
    from clio mich

nice chest and drawers :p just kiddin looks cool :D

14. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

ahhh shucks he beat me too the punch

15. The tools that make those AWESOME cookies deserve to be stored in a nice new Craftsmas tool box. They've earned some serious pampering.

Merry Christmas from Knoxville.

JH

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thats great !!!...........I used a bottom box as our baby changing table, untill the wife got nervous that someone would turn us in to child services.......Littleman

17. shoebox72

shoebox72

HAHA

18. Rand Man

Rand Man

You're my my kninda women.

19. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

A good friend of mine recently became single (good riddens) and now the tool box resides in his kitchen. I almost had my wife talked into the stainless one at costco for our kitchen but it kinda clashed with the vintage stove. The upside is the garage is twice the size of our house, she rocks.:D

20. i almost killed myself helping my bud pack that freekin stainless one from costco...only to have him put in the kitchen and empty all the drawers into it...but hey...it matches all the other stuff in the kitchen:)

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Have you seen those kits to put on your fridge that makes it look like a rollaway?...really. Looks great kiddo.:D

22. twofosho

twofosho

I've been tripping over the toolbox(es) :rolleyes:and car parts in my kitchen for years, whole house for that matter. Probably a good thing I live alone, even though my daughter thinks I would better off with someone around, at least a pet of some kind. Hell, I let the neighborhood squirrels live in the attic for years (not since I put a new roof on though) and I don't mind the neighborhood cats coming over as long as they stay outside, what more could she want?

23. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I'm glad you got your tool box buuttttt........I'm genuinely impressed with the bread box.That thing is too cool.
    Merry Christmas!:D
    T.OUT

24. The bread box is a story in itself. I'm not sure if she ever posted the story behind it or not.

I know she will see this and tell you about it. It is sooo awesome.

25. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Very nice Denise. congradulations on gettin your first tool box. Maybe the strippers will give it that custom touch when they visit for Auto-rama!

26. Terry

Terry

Tina and I use one in our Tear Drop for silverware and so on.

I think yours looks great where it is!

Attached Files:

27. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

Attached Files:

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Now where are you going to put the valve grinder I'm getting you for Christmas. If you say "in the garage" you can't have it.:eek: :D

Frank

29. hatch

hatch
    from house

Cool stuff Denise....now maybe santa could bring you a drillpress/mixer!!!!....or how about a nice parts washer/sink???:):)