Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big thumbs up for Bruce's Rod Shop in Spring, Texas!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gigem, Mar 27, 2013.

1. gigem

gigem

Just wanted to thank Danny (hotrodpro on HAMB), Bruce, Ken and others at Bruce's Rod Shop. They just finished a project for me, and I am very pleased. Easy to work with, good communication, good craftsmanship, etc. all good.

My truck is OT/not HAMB-friendly, so no pictures or details. I had the only non-HAMB vehicle in the shop, but they never made me feel bad about it. Treated my project as important as the line of kickass real hotrods they have over there.

If you are in need, give them a call.

2. Luckey7

Luckey7

I'll second that!! I've never had a car there but i have known the whole family now for about 25 years........GREAT folks right there!!!! And i've seen just about every car thats rolled outta that shop and can say this.....there work is just as great!!!!

Luckey7

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

never heard of 'em...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. You lie like the president. We are starting to put your truck together frame is painted .

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

:D...pics?

6. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

thank you for the kind remarks. also thank you for trusting us to do your project. we enjoyed having you as our customer for this project and the ones in the future.

thanks again.

-danny

7. What truck?,,Larry,,,,are you holding out on us? HRP

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It's the '32 PU I was building when I found my 3w body...sold it to Bruce and Danny, and they're building it now.

9. I've heard Bruce's Rod Shop is good to do biz with and knows his chit. Glad to hear someone from my hometown actually finishes a car right on. 1970's thru 1990's I striped for many shops in Houston and most were...well you know.

10. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Thanks for letting me work on it.

11. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

Danny,

Can't tell you enough how well I like the 18" ford wheel widening you did for me. Quality workmanship, timely turnaround, friendly and helpful advice. Most of all honesty.

Feel free to post photos of the process (I seem to have misplaced mine).

Again , Thanks, Mike

Mercmaniac
    Harbor Hotrods

12. Bruuuce

Bruuuce

I have only bought Tshirts from them . They were delayed ,cause they had run out , they sent posters because of this delay along with the shirts .Totally not neccesary but greatly appreciated. They look great in my garage. Wish I was closer to get help on my project.

13. Well, it does have 3 windows

14. flat-v8

flat-v8

Does Bruce's Rod Shop only work on Street Rods? Or will they work on mostly original old cars too? Do they do flathead engine repairs?

15. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Wern't they featured in a Rod & Custom a couple of years ago?

16. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Pics, or this is total BS! Just kidding, I love seeing the work out of that shop. But pix of this truck project would be cool, Danny.

17. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

this customer came to us with a blue '80 chevy stepside with a inline 6 and a granny gear 4 speed. we installed a gm crate engine and a 700r4 trans. a new wiring harness and a vintage air ac system was also added.

it is nice to have a change of pace sometimes in the shop.

-danny

18. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

street rods, hot rods, classic trucks, muscle cars, pool furniture, machine work. we are kinda like a blacksmith shop, we try to help on any kind of project.

-danny

p.s. we have several flathead projects in the works.

19. gigem

gigem

Update: after almost a year, I had a transmission issue on this truck. I took it back to Danny and he fixed it, no questions asked. Solid guys, and they stand behind their work!

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

They must be ATM fans. Gig Em!

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Excuse me, but that's TEXAS A&M.

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

I know its Texas A&M. My Son is an Aggie. Did you ever go to Kyle Field and see ATM on the Aggies helmets? Obviously not.

23. belair

belair

Please don't get that Aggie stuff started. We just put out the latest bias vs. radials controversy. Go Tech. Even if they can't win.

24. ^^^ hahahahaha awesome

25. Can't win???????? TT has a well trained coach now. If only he can get rid of that TT attitude :) Gig em

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Kingsbury did great at A&M. He'll do just fine at Tech.

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes, I've been there and my cousin played ball there. I also know that the reason the "T" is larger, is because it's meant to be read first. If you were at Kyle field and said, "ATM", you probably only said it once. Damn Wildcats. See below:

Attached Files: