Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects look what I brought home

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by pdunn10, Feb 24, 2014.

1. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

technically, he is commiting fraud if he stamps the vin number into his new frame....

2. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

^^^^^THIS IS OH SO TRUE!!!^^^^^^

You can bet your bottom dollar that's what he's going to do, and has all but admitted to it. What's worse, what does he think is going to happen to you when you build your car and try to re-title it? He *must* know. I'd do what the others said, ask for bill of sale, pic of title. If he refuses, return that chassis. If he refuses to take it, go get the serial acid lifted, re-title as it was lost (lost to you) and turn the tables on this joker.

3. henry29

henry29

He could have applied for a vin plate to be assigned to the body, with the frame numbers and good title, before they were split up. Nothing illegal about it.

4. navyboy

navyboy

5. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

If it were me, he would be coming up with the correct title,with matching #'s or he would heave to explain to the police why he is selling you, the car's frame and drive train, with #'s and not the title with the matching # 's== OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK

6. If I file for a list title and get the correct one reassigned to my car does it make the title he kept null and void?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. henry29

henry29

If you apply for a title it will show up as already being titled, and they will not issue another title.

8. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

If you beat him to the registration of title it may turn out that he or someone else has it already. Then you have questions that the cops will want answers to. If you find you can title it he will still have an earlier claim to it. Consider your numbers dead is the safe approach. Probably assigned state numbers is safest way out? Good luck!

9. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Lots of clowns making a lot of noise. Guys who actually build and sell cars understand the importance of a title, EVERYONE I know will retain a title if they are willing to sell you a rolling chassis from a project their working on, it's the name of the game. You bought a rolling chassis project, to work on your project. Your being advised that the guy that just did you a favor is some kind of a fucker and you need to fuck him over. A rolling A chassis that runs is about 750-1500. A titled running stock A is about 5-7k. You didn't pay that. He did. Build your car, search for a title or just take your receipts to the man and get an assembled title.

10. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Honky ass message board-man gets his 57 chev back after being stole over 30 years ago

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Th

12. I knew what I was getting and for the cost and the level of quality of the rolling chassis it is worth the headache I will be going through. I appreciate all the info from everyone. Being as I have never bought a car without a title this is new area for me. I wan to get as much info as possible so I don't make a dumb move that will come back to bite me in the ass later.