Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead Ford - Anybody have CAD drawings for bottom end?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bored&Stroked, Feb 9, 2014.

1. RE: CAD drawing of Ford flathead block - pan side

Doing some design work in my 'spare time' for a future engine project - will probably take me 2 years to get it done and I'm under way. Anyway, what I need is a CAD drawing of the pan rail side of a flathead Ford block?

I'm trying to know exactly where the main cap stud locations are, along with the pan bolts, etc..

Anybody happen to do some CMM work and come up with the details? If not, I'll have to put a block in a machine and figure it out the 'hard way'.

Thanks!

Note: It is related to this part that I'm working on: :eek:

FlatheadGhostMainPrototype.jpg

2. Vergil

Vergil

Now that is one fine looking related part you have there .... hope you show a picture of the finished bottom end.

Vergil

3. I'll be happy too - once I decide whether or not I'm going to add two mains or not. Been pondering it a bunch . . . have a friend who is working on a 5 main setup with a girdle as well. Decisions, decisions . . .

This is a couple year project - pondering a lot of different wild stuff at the moment and getting various design prototypes done in 3D.

4. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I've been wondering about the stock bottom end's abilities lately. I've been scheming up a poor man's ohv conversion in my head. my guess is that a big inch flathead with a decent conversion would pump out similar hp to a blown motor.

when do you really need to start worrying about the bottom end in a flathead?? is it RPM?? boost?? little heavy with the nitro mix :D

5. when do you really need to start worrying about the bottom end in a flathead?? is it RPM?? boost?? little heavy with the nitro mix :D

All of the above<!-- / message -->

6. That sounds easy and good - and I have lots of experience in just that . . . but when you want over 500 HP, boost and higher RPMs - things like this become very important. :D

7. Man you guys are way overthinking it. Just build it with what you got, and grab what you don't have. There is no drawing involved.

Guess you haven't heard of the Flat Cad.........
    <!-- / message -->