Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The ocean

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4psi, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 4psi

4psi

I made the trip from Oklahoma City to Pomona for the Grand National Roadster Show. It was a long drive, let me tell ya. :eek:

The show was cool, and so was the NHRA museum.

The highlight of my trip was cruising up the Pacific Coast Hwy in my friend Julian's coupe! I had never seen the Ocean before, and I cant think of a better to see it for the first time then cruising up the coast in Julian's 32. :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Awesome! Welcome to the west coast!!

3. 4psi

4psi

Thanks!

You guys have it made. Good taco's, and good weather! I am back in OKC looking out of my window at the 3 inches of snow on the ground. Damn it's cold.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

so, you didn't drive your 3w out there? :rolleyes:

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. 4psi

4psi

Not yet Larry, but it's defiantly very high up on my list of things to do soon! :D

6. metal man

metal man

That's awesome,man.You'll never forget that trip. We're going to the LARS this year, for the first time. Taking a model A Phaeton. We'll be staying in Tulsa after the first day of driving. I too have never seen the Pacific ocean. can't wait.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was in the Navy and was stationed on both coast. The Pacific has the Atlantic beat hands down.

8. You have given me reason to pause for thought. As someone who has always lived on the Pacific coast, the idea of a person living a life never seeing an ocean is very strange. But, it is no doubt the case for millions of people.

9. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I can relate to the snow, in the last snow fall someone must have visited and left his image on the tree. It was so cool I made it my avatar

Attached Files:

10. 4psi

4psi

There is something about that Pacific Ocean! You wont forget it either. I doubt I will make LARS this year, but it's not out of the picture. I need some more annual leave and a bell of money for all the things I want to do this year!

I will make it out to the Atlantic someday, but the Pacific has set the bar pretty high! ;)

Have you ever seen oceans of wheat/corn fields? That is what I am used to. It was good to get out and see the west coast. I can't wait to go back and spend some time at the beach! Cold beers, sandy beaches, and warm weather!

That cool as hell. Old man winter.

11. choptop4

choptop4

Iam with X38 .I have seen the Pacific from the top to the bottom.Got to swin in it ,in Australia .But I have never seen the Atlantic. Glad you got to see it .And I ll get to see Oaklahoma for the first time this year.

12. 4psi

4psi

We have flat fields and red mud dude. I hate to spoil it for you :D

13. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

How so?

14. 4psi, I've seen oceans of crops in my country and yours! I've also been lucky enough to have swum in both sides and middle of the Pacific, plus the Indian and Atlantic oceans.

Having said that, I would not call myself a 'beach' person even though I've grown up on or near them.

15. Yeah, it gives me pause too. Having grown up with the ocean close by I have actually experienced an unpleasant feeling of being landlocked when I have travelled to states that are away from a coast.

It's awesome to hear about someone seeing the ocean for the first time and I try to imagine what that must be like. Although, I was 14 years old before I ever saw snow fall and THAT was an amazing experience for ME.

I grew up with orange trees growing in my front yard and I remember when I was a teenager we had relatives come to visit from Kansas City. They had never seen an orange tree before and stood around it in awe! Finally, one of the shyly said, "can I pick one?". Of course! It was no big deal to me, but it was an amazing experience for someone who had only had oranges from the grocery store.

It brings to mind another story too. In the early eighties I had a girlfriend who was from Florida. When her relatives came to visit us in So Cal, one of them made reference that "that mountain over there" I said "that's not a mountain, that's a hill." When we were visiting in Florida, I made reference to a lake and one of them said "that's not a lake, that's a pond." It cracked me up to realize that a lake in my area was only a pond in Florida and a mountain in Florida is only a hill in California.

Anyway, I'm wondering too far off topic. I think it's so cool that you got to see the ocean for the first time (and in a hotrod!). I wish I knew what that must have been like for you. I hope you had a great time in So Cal.

16. i live a block from it, have never been far from the beach no matter where i have been in the world...but i. honestly would love to see the midwest, never have glad you had fun

17. 4psi

4psi

That is lucky. I gots to get out more lol.

Your smallest hills are MOUNTAINS to me. I had never seen real palm trees in person. If I saw an orange tree I wouldn't know it. I don't think I have ever seen one.

It was amazing to see the mountains, palm trees, and the ocean in one view. It was completely alien to me. Literally something I have only seen on TV. The ocean is powerful and seeing it for the first time was a powerful experience. Its....well.....its BIG. :eek:

18. Years ago, down here in New Zealand, there was a TV add, with a crusty old American fella next to an old dusty pick up, who was saying he was 75, and had never seen the ocean. As a large percentage of Kiwis live within 15 miles from the sea, i was shocked to hear this, and i've never forgotten it. I live about a quater mile from the beach, and drive my hot rod next to it most days. Glad you had a taste of it, and in style too. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Good weather, yes. Tacos? Give me meat and potatoes. :)

20. 4psi

4psi

Thanks man! The Midwest has some cool stuff to check out. Its not all bad. :cool:

Living a block away from the beach is a blessing! I don't understand how people can afford the property. You guys have all the money. ;)

Thanks man!

We aren't all crusty!! haha

I was defiantly rolling in style. I can't imagine constantly having nice weather and being able to cruise up coast just whenever. Now that I got the taste for it, it will never leave me. We need a hot rod/beach picture thread. :cool: Somebody make it happen.

Ok, I will trade you that good weather and Taco's for all the meat and potatoes you can handle...but you have to keep the traffic.

You guys and your traffic is PURE INSANITY...I get pissed off when somebody wipes out on I-40 here and it creates a 15 minute traffic jam..I can't imagine dealing with that LA traffic on the regular.

I met a chick that works in down town LA and she took me around and showed Beverly Hills, Hollywood,Venice Beach, etc... She said it was normal for her to spend 1 hour traffic coming to work, and up 1 hour leaving, and that is with premium conditions. Heck she didn't even live that far away distance wise.:eek:

21. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

and to add to that it rains red mud!!

22. Lol, wish i could remember the TV add better, and the guy was made to look crusty for the add. Hope you get to go again, and even take a dip. The salt waters great to swim in. For the record though, i live on the edge of a rain forrest, so its not sunny that much here. :)

23. 4psi

4psi

It's the damnedest thing aint it?

Rain Forrest! I need to check one of those out. Here we just have "the woods" and if you don't wear bright orange hats and vets then you will get your ass shot off if you venture around in them. No lie.

That water was cold BTW!!!

24. We have lots of deer and pigs, so theres a few people running around hunting them, and a few people get shot now and again :D Heres my buddys 56 4 door pillerless, on a cloudy day. Note the water spouts out to sea.

Attached Files:

25. We need a hot rod/beach picture thread. :cool: Somebody make it happen.
    I'll start:
    Point St George light house ,Crescent City ,Cal

Attached Files:

26. Stretchmobile

Stretchmobile
    from So Cal

I'm a meat and potato guy all the way, but you can't beat good tacos. I have them 4-5 times a week. BBQ'd carne asada tacos for superbowl today. California has the best tacos. I have been all over. Any place that serves tacos in the rest of the country will want to know my opinion of their tacos as soon as they find out I'm from California. They never measure up. The variety is huge, asada (steak), lengua (tongue), cabeza (brain), biria (goat), al pastor (pork), chorizo, fish and shrimp, to name a few. Spices and flavor is awesome. ;)

27. 4psi

4psi

Nice roadster!

You're doing it right Bob! I can see the mountains in the background.

28. 4psi

4psi

Carne asada and al pastor FTW!!!

I could live off of them. I will leave the brains and tongues to you tho!

Austin Tx, ranks up high in the Taco game....Damn, now I am hungry.

29. twentyover

twentyover

No, the banks do. We just owe it to them

(used to live in Orange County and we still have 2 houses there)

30. Ocean is the subject, not whether any of you guys like California or not.