Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A Nice Surprise In Hot Rod Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I recently went to town to purchase some hardware for my old school 32 coupe build ( more to follow soon!) and stopped by the local grocery store to check out the hot rod magazines. I selected Hot Rod Deluxe one of my favorites and started leafing through the pages and then saw my 32 Roadster in the Classic Instrument ad! I thought you all might like to see the ad. I had no idea it was going in.
    It's in the January 2014 edition.

High Noon Speed Shop- 32 Spitfire

[​IMG]

kiwijeff and barryvanhook like this.
  2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Dead cool and what a surprise, but shouldn't they have asked for permission ?

3. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Very cool ad and car...

4. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I sure would of thought that you would of had to sign something saying it was ok. Well either way congrats.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool.. Congrats...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Is the picture one you took or one they took of your car? They maybe able to use it without permission if they took the picture, since they would own the rights to the picture. Interesting....Cool car though

7. .

Saw it. Very cool car.

Congrats!!!

8. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

... Theres a car in that add?... Where? I see a set of headlights sitting on top of a gauge... O wait I see it.

Awesome car man and congrats!
    Some nice looking gauges too

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well deserved! I saw that ad and admired the roadster.

10. Very Nice!:cool: The Car Too:rolleyes:

11. Just picked up the mag this past weekend. Congrats. Really odd they used it without notifying you. .....

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. alchemy

alchemy

Pretty sure if a company is using a car in their ad (for profit) they would need a release signed by the owner.

Do you have Classic Instruments gauges in it?

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The man is happy as all hell that they put his car in their add (hopefully because he has the gauges in it) and all you clowns can do is piss and whine because you think they may not have had his permission to show his car?

That's a great photo of the car no matter who took it 32 Spitfire and I'd say quite an honor to have the car chosen for their add. Congrats on being picked for the add.

15. Congratulations...:)

Something similar happened with me when The Coker Tire photographer shot my truck in Knoxville,Tenn...months later the executive staff at Coker elected to use the photo of my pickup on the cover of their catalog.

I signed a waver not ever dreaming they would use any photos of my pickup,,much less on the cover.

I had no idea that the truck had been used until a fellow Hamber (GNU) informed me of the catalogs existence.

Honestly,nothing I have ever built had received any recognition in the past so to say I was elated is a understatement.

Fact is they are still using a variation of the photo in black & white in a couple of magazines.:D HRP

lothiandon1940 and 40fordtudor like this.
  16. I'll second that and I'd buy five copies for my mother!

17. X3 on "be glad"! Besides, recognition on the H.A.M.B. is all that matters anyway!
    Congrats!

18. jimz31

jimz31
    from PA

Congrats!!!!

Very nice car!

19. seatex

seatex

Great car, great gauges...........GRRRRReat Model! Congrats!

20. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks everyone! Yes the roadster has the Classic Instruments Bomber Gauges and the same Bomber set and a few other very cool vintage gauges are installed in the 32 three window coupe build that is almost ready to roll out. Stay tuned to HAMB.........

Many of you have been a big help on both of these builds and I really appreciate the HAMB family!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502413&highlight=32+spitfire

High Noon Speed Shop- 32 Spitfire

21. Very cool and much deserved credit. It does seem like Classic Instruments could throw you a bone with maybe a set of gauges for your Coupe project. After all they're getting a lot of marketing play with the use of your cars' image. They are a class outfit and I'm sure they've covered themselves legally. I would give them a call (of course be polite) and thank them for the attention and see if they could "help" you out.:)

40fordtudor likes this.
  22. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Congrats!!!! I remember the day I saw my car in a magazine my hart skipped a beat as I am sure yours did too. Enjoy it you deserve it..................

23. Just a note for all...Not knowing where the photo was taken and what events you attended a lot of the events you sign a waver when you reg. that gives them the rights to use photos taken at the event.

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you be a star - at least your beautiful ride is

25. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Been so for over a year!

26. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Nice ad- what were they advertising? Beautiful car also.

27. ......................That's very true, especially at large "national" events. What we neglect to speak to though is what I would refer to as the "moral obligation", never mind the "legal obligation". I'm sure Classic Instruments are within their legal obligations, and as I mentioned earlier, they are a top flight group, it just seems they could have a least said thanks, or sent the OP a pre-release copy of the ad or perhaps a gift certificate towards a set of gauges. To get blind-sided when you pick up a magazine and see the ad seems to cheapen the relationship we as customers have with companies. Of course it's cool to get the recognition, I just feel it would have been nice gesture that would have benefited the company customer service wise to give him a heads-up. I'm done.:)

28. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

ha ha , good one..... and a good looking roadster to boot.