Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects [PROJECT] Laidout53 Part II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarborKustomSpeedShop, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Justin, A HEMI is not the be all to end all buddy, a 360 would be an awesome power plant, but the Chevy will do for now mate.
    So when are you planning the firewall to come out, now you have drawn it up and it looks so good that you can not, not do it. :D

2. Ya im going to stick with the chevy. Im just going to cut the sections out and roll them as I can't do the firewall in one piece. Im not sure when im going to do it but it will be done, most like wait tell I don't need the motor in anymore.

3. nowhereman

nowhereman
    from illinois

looking good justin

4. oldman2

oldman2

Hey Justin, anything going on, or has the weather got you slowed down...Jim

5. JRS T42

JRS T42

Just read your thread from start to finish. Im surprised I missed this thread. Looks awesome and keep up the good work! Cant wait to see the final product.

6. englands54

englands54

The details, your ideas, fab skills = AMAZING.. This is one of my favorite build so far..Unique in every way.. Great Job!

7. No, Im starting to fix rust on a 51 Victoria to try and sell at an upcoming swap meet.

Thanks guys!!

8. oldman2

oldman2

51 Victoria was a sweet looking ride, good luck with selling...Jim

9. just went through this entire build. and can honestly say you sir have some great taste tallent and knowhow. very impressive work. look forward to seeing more. you gave me some good motivation to go work on mine now!! :D

10. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Justin,

Look forward to your next installment my Mopar Brutha !
    Happy New Year also buddy.

Kenny.

11. Thanks Ken, Happy New Year to you!

12. Here's a picture of the bed being mock-up up from today...

[​IMG]

Justin

13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Looking really cool Justin, Are you planning to do like Mike did, the one thing Mopar should have done from the factory with those rear fenders you have fitted buddy ? I think they need the same wheel arch as the front fenders to match and look like the belong, they will even give the truck a lower look matching the fender wheel arches in my opinion. You are doing great work buddy, look forward to see you post everytime i jump on to have a look, and when you have not had a chance to post up new posts, it is always a blast to go through your thread again for some eyecandy my friend, you are doing really good. Awesome.

14. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Justin,
    The truck is looking really great! It's coming together very well. If you weren't on the other side of the world from me, I would bring my '55 over for your help. Keep up the good work...
    Steve-

15. Looking good Justin!

16. 1954ROYAL

1954ROYAL
    from Georgia

Amazing work. Cant wait to see this thing finished although I will miss all the pics you are posting.

17. I can already see your left foot resting on the let in of the wheel housing, sweet shizle, I still have a hard time typing shit!

18. oldman2

oldman2

Looking sweeeeet...Jim

19. Yep, I will be make the rear arch the same as the front along with other mods to set this further apart from your average dodge...

Thanks Steve!

Thanks!

Thank you, I cant wait either!

Haha thanks! "sweet shizle" I like that...Lol

thanks Jim!

20. I just went through this entire thread, and all I have to say is, WOW. Man, you do some top-notch work! I think what I like about this the most is that you took a body style that most people have forgotten about and turned it into a work of art. I love the inner fenders and what you've got planned for the firewall.

21. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

That is so good to hear Justin, i look forward to the next installment, buy the way, it is looking like a truck again with the bed in place buddy. :D

22. porky55

porky55

Man that truck is bad ass. I wish I still had my 58. That shoe box dash looks awesome in there.

23. Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

thank you, I have to say it wasn't my first choice but im glad I came a crossed it.

24. porky55

porky55

Up dates?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. been working on the bed lately, remaking the frame for the bed and trying to get it squared and mounted. ill post pictures when I get that done.

26. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Keep on Truck Justin, love your work buddy. Look forward to when you get done on the next installment my friend.

27. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Not sure how I missed this build thread. KILLER insight and Fab. Skills.

Love the project. It will be KILLER when done. Top Shelf all the way.

Very nice work.

VR&C.

28. cjvale

cjvale
    from Napa ca.

Just went over the entire build thread bro, looks amazing. Makes me want to go to harbor freight and get some tools. I just bought my 56 f100 and this is true inspiration. Keep up the good work.