Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Truly Traditional, Period perfect 1932-34 Chassis Picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Harms Way, Apr 24, 2012.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

What a great thread!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

This picture came from the first page listed as Myke's. Anyone have pictures of the finished car (if it is finished)? Anyone have info on what color blue the frame is?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

This is my '32 chassis, narrowed for a '27 T body. Model A front crossmember, dropped model A axle. Will be flathead powered.

[​IMG]

Long way to go yet.

David

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Glad to see this thread is still motivating people. Keep up the good work guys !

5. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Attached Files:

6. I need more!

7. BTT, I need another fix of fresh chassis pics!!

8. Koolman

Koolman

DITTO here! BTT

Love the vintage shots and the pictorial information on all the chassis. Very helpful!

9. Here's mine…

American Stamping rails, original rear crossmember, 40 Ford style X member, repro front crossmember.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

11. There must be more out there that need to be posted guys put them up LOL..

12. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1388491357.199904.jpg
    This is the org 32 frame The Kid is working on cleaning up for his A coupe build. He is a 14 yr old building his first hot rod . Build Thread link in footer. Building this traditionally with a '51 Studebaker 232 v8. This frame had served as a street rod chassis and was a hacked up mess. He is removing all the four bar mounts and poorly installed boxing plates. Looked to have a Vega steering box. Removing that bracket too and install a F1 box. Axel and split bones are org 32. Rear end is also 32 utilizing the 32 rear crossmember. Unsure on what bones to run in the rear, leaning towards 36 bones with spring hanger removed. Will update more here as it comes together.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  13. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

My new dry lake roadster build.

1932 original frame, 1932 wishbones, 1932 1" dropped front axle, Model T rear spring, 1940 Mercury rear axle with Quickchange, 1940 Mercury juice brakes, 1932 steering. Wheels will be 1940 Ford w. 750-16 rear and 600-16 front (others in pic). Level stance, no rake. Body is a 1928 Model A roadster and the engine is a 59AB 296" cui 200 hp linked to a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr geared gearbox. All completely restored. Hope to have it out for summer! :)

[​IMG]

14. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

that will be a fun build thread... keep us posted.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn JB that sounds awesome!!!! Exactly how I'd do it....if I was JB.

16. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Amen, motherfucker.

17. StrickV8

StrickV8

Any more pics J.B? Interested in seeing the 1" drop front axle. Truly traditional....

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Mm.. Naked frames. Some great stuff coming along here.

19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I don't know if he posted on here already, but Anderson's T chassis should be here, dig on this...

[​IMG]

20. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Thanks, guys. Lots of work still there, but the car WILL (read MUST :D) be ready for Scandinavias biggest indoor show on Easter weekend.

Here's a pic before we started on the body. Now, it's only the doors left to fix. Just put it on the chassie to see the look. Model A grille shell will be used. The complete 1928 body is from the same original car that I bought from Minnesota in 2007. The axle is somewhere around 1-2" drop from an original axle. Using 1932 spindles, as well. Model A shocks. Front crossmember slightly flattened.

[​IMG]

21. StrickV8

StrickV8

22. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Here is our Roadster at the beginning stages . The only thing that has changed is the engine . I went back to a Flathead for my own reasons . The frame is stock, unmolested with original cross members that my Dad got in the early 60's . 39/40 rear end w/torque tube driveline, Early Ford 3 sp , stock pedals , stock tank with addition of a fuel sender , stock 32 axle dropped, lever shocks, unsplit stock wishbone, 39/40 brakes . All early parts . She is very fun to drive !!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new engine

[​IMG]

rpm56, oldtymehiboy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. titus

titus

Bulls A tudor chassis, another customers 32 chassis for his 31 roadster, and a 33 chassis for Marcys 33 3 window, will be flathead cadillac powered.

Attached Files:

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Anderson's chassis looks killer!!!!

JB that looks awesome man!!! Love the restraint on dropping the axle.

That red car sure looks nice ;)

25. DADS 32

Very nice! Both ways. The flattie in white is gorgeous.

What's the story on the SBC front mounts and the steering arm? Homemade?

More pics please, when they're available.

26. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Thanks, buddy! Hope to have it driveable in a month.

Yeah, that red car is here because you checked it out for me. Hadn't bought it otherwise. Thanks, man! Love that car. Will be my next project. :)

27. VintageJosh

VintageJosh
    from Mass

Fantastic thread. Some great examples showing the roots of early hotrodding; keep em coming! Those vintage photos and the survivor pics are a real treat. I certainly appreciate seeing the various levels in skill/engineering or perhaps lack thereof :rolleyes: and the rawness of function over aesthetics.

Though some get a bit off topic, I'm glad to see a few in the mix that stray in some areas of the relative term "traditional". Those of us in the lands of crappy roads and traffic may succumb to the temtpation of a 5 speed or other unmentionable mods. I appreciate all the efforts shown here, thank you! We may not like all the choices but this thread is a great reference tool to help us planning a build achieve whatever balance we're personally shooting for!

28. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

HotRodA , My Dad made the engine mounts about 40 years ago . They are simple and clean . The steering arm is one from Speedway . It is originally straight . I had it bumped at and iron work shop and then rounded the edges . It was very bulky and ugly to start .

Thanks , Mike

29. ^^^^Very nice, Mike. The mounts mimic the early flathead mounts, perfect for a stock 32 crossmember.

30. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Impressive work on this thread. When I built my 32 chassis it was my first effort at building one from the rails up, as a result I didn't know diddly and got help from the late C9 and some of the other oldies on here at the time...While it does the job, some of these are pure works of art. I'm glad mine is mostly hidden under my roadster.